Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Where do they dig them up?

I'm not a great telly fan. DH is and will put the TV on whether there's anything worth watching or not. If he puts a film on I tend to be sitting sewing/knitting/crocheting whilst continuously asking questions about the bits I've missed due to the fact that I'm sewing/ knitting/ crocheting/ drunk.



Of all the reality TV programmes there is only one I can bear to watch and that is 'I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here' (IACGMOOH) but I do take time to warm up to it, usually because I can hardly stand to watch some of the oddball ZZZZZZZ list 'celebrities' they dredge up for the show. I guess what keeps me watching is Ant and Dec - love 'em!

Ruby and I watched last night's first show of the new series:
As you can see she was very taken with those lovely Geordie boys. I refuse to point out the nice layer of dust round the bottom of the telly.
Like our hi-tech TV? - we do like to keep up with the latest technological trends as you can see - nooooot!
Any road up (as they say in Birmingham) what I'm getting round to in a very circuitous (great word) way is ---- who the b****y hell is that Janice Dickinson woman they've disinterred ('nother good word) for this series. I even left the show half way through last night to check out her bio on the ITV website and I'm still none the wiser.
For you lovely lovely people on the other side of the pond who will not know what on earth I'm yakking on about, let's just say that this woman - and you apparently should know who she is, being as she is the first 'American Supermodel' - is probably, in my opinion, the type of person you would not wish to be seen as representative of your country.
The great thing is though just because she is sooooo awful she will be voted to do every single bush tucker trial going a la Jan Leming (sp?) until she cracks big time - can't wait!!!
My Mum adored IACGMOOH - so much so that she actually videoed the whole Paul Burrell inserting his hands into mystery holes episode and then watched it back about a thousand times, laughing more each time. She really was quite barmy :o)
So, on to business.
Today I 'are mostly been makin' coffee cup holders. This necessitated a quick trip to Starbucks for a regular latte so that I got them the right size :o) I figured these would do for some little bits for my stall on Friday. I'm planning to make some different little bits tomorrow. I've now got 11, purely decorative, buttons to sew on. They are fastened with Velcro and boy that's a real joy to stitch - not!
As you all seemed to enjoy last night's musical treat so much I thought I had better find a really good one for tonight. Elora did wonder if it might be this for which I did once own the t-shirt but no. It is, in fact, this little sentimental beauty. This time Monkee Maker I'm giving no clues so I just hope your curiosity gets the better of you!
I absolutely promise I'll find some good music for next week - or at least my idea of good. Can you bear to stick with me long enough? Mwah ha ha ha haaaa....
P.S. a late edit to say - I didn't read the comments on YouTube about today's link (the second one, not the first but going to check now just in case :o)) until just now and Oh My Word! I cannot believe the vehemence that such an innocent little song can invoke - sorry if you are of a sensitive disposition - enjoy the song but DO NOT scroll down to the nasty comments!!!!!

11 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Laughing again!!!! I really, really, really wish the sound was fixed on my computer! What absolute gems you came up with today!!!! I once sang your song of choice to my friend's husband as he drove some of us home after a very wine-y evening at their house but substituted his name for Grandma and said "there's no one quite like Richard cos he drove us home today!" I thought it could really catch on but no one else seemed to agree and for some reason they took me home first!?

Patti said...

Ha Ha! Brill choice of song. Think the Wurzels is may fave so far though.

What will tomorrow bring?

Sadly I missed I'm a celeb ( watched the Stephen Poliakoff thingy instead. Why?) I will get into it later though - I always do.

Monkee Maker said...

Dear Lesley,

I have been enjoying your blog for some time now. You seem to have an amazing talent with a sewing machine, and a truly fabulous sense of humour.

Or so I thought.

It is with serious regret that I feel I must strongly consider cancelling my subscription to your blog if you continue with this toe-curling exercise.

Please stop torturing us.

Yours sincerely,

MM

ps. If Lucy will agree to swap computers with me I may just continue to visit.

Monkee Maker said...

Oh .... and I think I may need my monkee back.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, Janice Dickinson! I did not know she existed until a year or so ago, she was on a reality show about models. I watched it for about 5 minutes, I only lasted that long because I thought it was a joke. Now about that song, I have two visuals and neither one is good. Tom Cruise and the Drummer. Plus a new song stuck in the brain. Shame Shame Shame!

Julie said...

OMG I can't stop laughing! I hope you and Monkee Maker don't get together as a double act....my aching sides will never survive. Thank you so much for the giggle or should I say hysteria! I've completely lost it here! I shall have to speak to Gina about you!

Bethany said...

Janice Dickerson is not a big celebrity here. And I hope that you didn't think my comments yesterday were "nasty"? I was just shocked at these hilarious songs you were coming up with!! I suppose we have our own group of odd songs that you'd find ridiculous too! I'll keep my mouth shut ;))

(Angie) Norththreads: said...

Oh i just love these!!!!! I have a husband who does the same tv thing, its always got to be on even if hes not watching, it drives me batty! Every chance i get to walk by & turn it off-I take it! Unless of course the bachelors on!LOL!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! I bought it for my Grandma when it came out,I was about 10 or so. Thankfully for her she didn't have a record player!!

Gina said...

Lesley, I can't stop laughing at your blog this week. It's a much needed tonic in what has been a stressful few days. Looking forward to the next installment! Can't imagine what you'll come up with next. G x
p.s. You are making some lovely things for Friday!

Elora said...

Oh I was so close Grandma was my next guess. Think the corny Christmas number ones are definitely the best but recently seem to be over shadowed by the mediocre music disaster that is X-factor (sorry to anyone who likes it) I say bring back Mr Blobby and Slade (Wolverhampton’s only claim to fame) at least they allow us to laugh at ourselves in years to come.