Friday, November 30, 2007

Gotta get my big girl panties on and just get on with it!

If I hear me moan once more this week I'll scream!

Although I have moaned about feeling coldy and yuck this week my main gripe is that I find feeling a bit poorly extreeeeeeeemely boring. I try to work through it and not 'give in' (believe it or not). Therefore I've tried to do things this week when I may have been better leaving them for a few days. Today I wanted to get on with some cushions I'm making but everything took twice as long and the end results didn't mirror the picture in my mind.

This bit looked ok:



but this still looks like a pink hippo rather than a monkey:


I know someone (and I really cannot say who - just in case) who takes to their bed at the first sign of a cold and stays there until the worst is over. Maybe this is what we should all do instead of trying to run a home, care for and feed a family, work - whether paid or working for ourselves - you get the picture?

Is this why my creative energy is distinctly lacking?

This evening I shall shut off from all of it and crochet stripes on a certain young man's Christmas blanket. I'll sit on a comfy sofa rather than in front of the computer waiting for inspiration to strike.

The children and I have plans to Christmassyfy the house this weekend - earlier than usual but after the crubbish year we've had we are all feeling the need for some Christmas spirit - mine's a gin ;) Some total saddos people round the corner have had their entire house inside and out decorated with millions of lights for the past three weeks. They also have life-size concrete dogs. Nuff said. (Is it you?)

I bought mincemeat today ready for the first of many batches of DH and Monster's favourite mince pies. We are going to paint some salt dough Christmas goodies for the tree, make paper chains and rather than making all the cards myself I'm going to enlist the help of my little gremlins elves.

Last year all my cards were made and written by the middle of November. We have some catching up to do. I have a feeling potato printing might be the order of the day.

As you all seemed to like last night's music how about this - another chance to rekindle your lust for Sting - always happy to oblige :)

8 comments:

Gina said...

Enjoy your gin... Enjoy all the lovely sounding Christmassy things... and most of all enjoy putting your feet up tonight! And thanks for more Sting!

Love Gina xx

Locket Pocket said...

Gin??? At this time of the evening???? What is the world coming to?????

Just off to Asda to buy chocolates for last minute advent calendar preparations and to stock up on vino!

Been meaning to go for ages but keep getting distracted with trying to finish things on my list so I can show off later!!!

Love the monkey - definitely not a pink hippo!

Lucyxxx

P.S. what's wrong with our house????

Kate North said...

So basically, what you are saying is that what we need when we get colds is to make sure we have a wife to deal with all that stuff for us? :)

I think the pink face looks like a monkey. Don't panic.

Leigh said...

I agree with the above comments - that is a monkey! No hippo, but a hippo is a cute idea!

I know we are not talking about your hubby being sick. But, it sures sounds like mine, haha!

Gin and Sting, I knew I loved this blog!!

Monkee Maker said...

Cute hippo ..... kidding!! Of course it looks like a monkey, and a very sweet one at that.

I hope you enjoy making your house Christmassy ..... I'm such a bah-humbug in that department I leave it as long as I can get away with. Then it all comes down the day after Boxing day.

Bah-humbug!

dottycookie said...

Enjoy the decorating! I'd love to start but our tree is ordered from work and doesn't come till the 10th so it's a bit longer to wait. Still, we have the myriad Advent calendars to have fun with.

Sorry you've been feeling rotten; the one time recently I did stop when I felt rough the house went to pot and it was worse once I was up and about again. Scary really.

Anonymous said...

Alcohol certainly helps a cold....and many other things too!

It looks like a monkey, don't worry.

Blogger has decided you have to have google account to comment if you are not a Blogger blogger, if you see what I mean!, but I think I've set it up wrong as it doesn't link to French Knots, more technical numptiness from me.

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Hi Lesley
Could it be a pink hippo in a monkey outfit? Sorry.. only teasing which is the last thing you need if you feel poorly.. sympathies.. I am typing this whilst lying in bed with a guilty conscience and cold!
Get well soon.. but don't give up the moan it is good for the soul.
Michelex