Monday, November 26, 2007

Wanted: one crowbar to remove bottom from sofa

Thank you soooooo much for your lovely wishes as I recover from the worst cold that anyone has ever experienced. Ever. Ever.

I've annoyed myself so much. I usually just get on with it no matter how crubbish (great Monkee Maker word that I've nicked via Lucy!) I feel. After all us Muthas don't get to take a day off do we?

I did coerce DH into taking the littlies to school today but I was feeling v achey and hot/cold/hot. I drank gallons and gallons of this:
...and welded my bottom to the sofa and snuggled up under the rippling.
I'm so nearly finished with this - just three or four more ripples to do. It's a good job too as it's eating yarn. I had just enough of this purple to do two ripples. It was, however, a very close call.
I've never crocheted so fast in my life. Going faster and faster before I ran out of yarn!!!!
I've done that with knitting before and with painting. Trying to get it done extra quickly as if that will stop me running out before the end!
This is how close we are to the end of the big pink ripple:

Another reason for speeding up is that the sooner I get this done the sooner I can get on with Monster's one! I'm please with the way this one has turned out and especially pleased that I've even got this far as it's the biggest 'project' I've done to date.
I plan to be back up to full speed tomorrow and need to sew. At least my bottom will get a change of scene :)
Things have been a bit quiet round here on the Monkee front of late. Maybe this will keep you going until Ruby and I get snapping. I think the item in the link would be a jolly sound investment ;)
love xxx

9 comments:

Leanne said...

Hope you are feeling better. The ripple rug is impressive I'm not that good at crochet I have tried but I confuse it with knitting I feel there should be 2 hooks!

Monkee Maker said...

Wow, that rippled bed cover is brilliant! Are you tempted to do one for your bed after finishing the Monster's one? I would be.

Loving that Trunk Monkey film! I take it that you are able to surf youtube from that sofa??

dottycookie said...

Cor, you have really gone for it with the blanket - it looks great!

Sorry you have been feeling rotten, but good for you gettiung DH to do the school run. I failed miserably in that last time I was ill ...

marit said...

Love the ripples! Not to mention trunk monkeys...

Leigh said...

The blanket is gorgeous! Love the Trunk Monkey!

Hope you feel much better soon.

Bethany said...

I haven't checked in for days, and now I find you so sick... feel better soon! Sounds like you have a bit of the flu. You are making me a convert to rippling. Craig's grandma crocheted a huge one for us when we got married, but all green and white (I have no idea why). She knew I was tall so she wanted it to cover me! LOL
I need to read the rest of your posts....
hugs from PA ~ Bethany

Locket Pocket said...

Somehow your blog didn't come through to Google Reader last night so I've only just picked it up! Love the trunk monkey (probably even more because it was silent!) Very funny! The blanket is stunning - I had no idea it was so big! Totally stressed over here - orders piling up, production line at a stand-still. So I'm going shopping (for fabric and thread - but still more avoidance!!!) Talk to you later, Lucy xxx

the vicious chicken said...

Lovely rippling Mrs Moogsmum! And very funny Trunk Monkeys :o)
VCx

Gina said...

Fabulous ripple blanket - looks terrific Lesley. I want a trunk monkey... made me laugh out loud. Hope you're feeling better.
Love Gina x