Friday, November 2, 2007

...and the winner is...

I tried to enlist the Moog's help with the draw by sprinkling the tickets on the floor and getting her to sniff the winner out but she is of little brain and got all scared and barky.

Therefore, into a (washed for the occasion) bowl they went and I turned round and closed my eyes in the interests of fair play:



and out came:


Hi there Gina you got picked! If you could email me your details I'll get your goodies in the post on Monday :o)

To everyone else who left such lovely comments I'm so sorry you didn't get picked - this time! If it's any consolation I found the whole thing very stressful because I wanted everyone to get picked - sticking my tongue out to the inventor of blog draws and asking the question 'did they also invent party bags?' - too much pressure!!!

If this will help, here's my Pumpkin & Banana Muffin recipe, freshly tweaked:

Ingredients
8oz pumpkin puree
1 very ripe banana mashed
2 eggs
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
12oz self raising flour
4oz light brown soft sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking powder

Method
Bung all the wet ingredients into a large bowl and mix well together. Bung in all the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
Bung into 12 paper muffin cases and bung into a moderate oven (Gas Mark 4) for 15 to 20 minutes until golden and firm to the touch (just like me!!!).

They are best eaten the day after baking as they tend to part company with the paper case more willingly.
I made the pumpkin puree by steaming all the little bits of pumpkin flesh left over from the Hallowe'en disemboweling. I then pureed it with my hand held blender.

Much as I'd like to stay here waffling and prolonging the agony for everyone who is waiting desperately for the draw results I do have to go. Got a bit of a cookathon going on in preparation for going to see my Dad this weekend.

Love xxxxxxx

9 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

I wondered why it was taking you so long to blog the results of the draw - it was obviously the Moog's fault for getting scared and barky - why couldn't she just play along with it all? Doesn't she realise the seriousity (good word eh?) of this blogging business.

Ok, so I didn't win. I don't want you to feel bad or anything. Not even the tiniest bit guilty that you are not sending something to little old me. I'll be okay. Honestly, I really will. I think. Bye then.

:o(

Gina said...

I wanted to pick everyone when I did my draw too... so hard to choose only one name... but I'm very excited and happy it was me! :)

trash said...

Hey Moogsmum,
thanks for leaving the message and I am glad you loved 'Afterburn' too. However I don't actually Philip. I was sent there by his friend Tracy - 'Cupcakes at Home' (there is a link on Monkee Maker's page. I think I would like to have been friends with Ann though. :-)

Monkee Maker said...

Gongrats to Gina .... I told you it was stressful!

Patti said...

Thanks for your visit.

Good luck with your ripple. It is a calming operation once you get the rhythm isn't it. Mine is going well. I've already started thinking about another with all the 4 ply wool I have stashed (this one in DK).

Anonymous said...

Lucky, lucky Gina and poor poor Moog! Thank you for the recipe, I plan to try it out on Sunday!

Leigh

Becky said...

I found my way to your blog via RedYarn. Bethany and I are friends from elementary school. This whole blog thing has brought us back together.

I enjoy reading your blog. And, I can't wait to make the muffins. I have frozen bananas in the fridge just waiting. I'll have to drum up some pumpkin as I did not salvage any from Halloween. I'll stop back in and tell you how we enjoyed them.

Bethany said...

Yum Lesley!!! Thanks for posting the recipe! I wish I could've taken you along on my weekend... truly fabulous.

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Oh my...I was away and missed your 50th post draw, very sad to have missed it, but congratulations on your 50th...here's to the next 50...
Congratulations on the Monkee maker too...cool...hope to see lots of pics of your monkey doing monkey things...