Sunday, November 25, 2007

We survived!!

We are no longer sleepover virgins in the House of Moog. Sleepovers are like climbing mountains - you do it because you're stark staring mad it's there.

Minx and her friend were little angels. They tried, despite numerous annoyances from the noisy boys, to have a more refined and quiet approach to the sleepover and were both asleep by 10.30pm.

The boys were boys. Lots of noise. Lots of wrestling. Occasional fall-outs/tears/minor injuries. They redeemed themselves by going to sleep by 11.30pm.

I dare say these cakes

and several glasses of Dr Pepper may have contributed to their enhanced energy levels. That and the fact that they are boys, of course.

This was not the best weekend to come down with a head cold but by Saturday morning I was feeling pretty rough. I haven't slept for two nights. I'm full of snotty misery and self pity. I am, in fact, the only person ever to have had a cold. Ever.

I do hope DH doesn't get it. Although his won't be this one. His will be FLU and he will take days off work and spend it in bed.

Great. Now I'm feeling guilty. He has been stupendously brilliant this weekend keeping the boys busy and thinking up great ways of stopping them killing each other. If I'd been on my own I'd have sent them all home by 8pm and that is NO reflection on any of the children - it is totally a reflection on me and my wanting to hide in a darkened room.

After feeling a light sabre whizz past my ear for the third time I decided to keep the girls company upstairs. I couldn't sit doing nothing but I couldn't sit doing the ripple crochet because it's a Christmas secret. Instead I made a start on Monster's crochet blanket.

Each stripe is a double crochet row followed by a treble crochet row. It is growing far faster than the rippling. I was trying to work out how this could be as it's the same stitch combo and the same width. I've decided it must be down to the fact that I have to go slower with the rippling just to make sure I'm keeping the pattern going correctly.


I did manage to get these bottled and just knew you'd love to see a photo ;)


That's about it for now. I'm going to wallow for a bit longer and then DH will be back from taking two kids on bikes and the Moog to the park. This is him. This is me.

11 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Very glad to see that you have survived the sleepover and have managed to crawl back out of bed - soon be wine time! Those cakes look suitably disgusting for boys! I am currently assembling nice things to send your way (once I have worked on the "thing" for the monster!) Have a fun day tomorrow at McDonalds! Lucy xxx

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Lseepovers...sounds manic!!! Hope the cold is a little better today

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

You deserve a medal... no make that two (at least) you have infinitely more patience than I and that's without a cold!
Your halo will be very bright and shiny and hopefully you will not have a matching nose for long!
Hope that cold gets better v soon!
Michelex

Anonymous said...

We call them stay awake overs! Last time my daughter had a friend to stay they both ended up in the double bed with me at 1am as they'd scared themselves with stories about monsters! Great, luckily my husband was away.
Get lots of vitamin c for your cold. x

Leigh said...

I hope you are feeling much better. I am no stanger to self pity. I am pretty sure I am the only woman to have given birth, among other things. Hehe. Love Love the balnket!

Monkee Maker said...

The best thing about sleep-overs? When they've all gone home and you know it's someone else's turn next time ;)

Well done for surviving it and I hope you'll soon be fighting fit.

Jane said...

Poor you! hope the cold/flu goes quickly. you survived the sleepover pretty well. when we had one for our elder daughter it turned into a nightmare (don't think we had any sleep)

Gina said...

You look gorgeous with a cold! And how lucky to be married to Superman! Well done for surviving the sleepover. My kids are of an age where they don't ask any more... I just stumble over bodies when I get up in the morning!

the vicious chicken said...

Sorry you're not well - hope you feel better soon (or even already?). Because a cold's 'snot' any fun. Ha ha.

(Sorry, I too have a bug, and the gunk in my head is clearly making me crack very lame puns... I'll try not to do it again! Sorry once more.)
VCx

Bethany said...

Your house sounds like our house...light sabers and girls who will have nothing to do with the boys!!! (By the way, I gave my cold to my husband... he finally admitted he was sick today!)

Blogger said...

Ever tried automating your free BTC collections by using a BTC FAUCET ROTATOR?