Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Ouch!

Two and a half hours of (very) deep descaling in the dentist's chair this morning took it's toll and I felt very sore and tired this afternoon. Needless to say I didn't feel very creative so I snuggled up on the sofa and just look who joined me:

All too soon it was 3 o'clock and time to pick up the naughty ones. Ruby asked if she could come too to keep me company.

She seemed a bit worried about walking up the church path but I told her there was nothing to worry about. No wild monkees lurking in the undergrowth.

On the way home the Minx helped her pose for a photo or two.



DH took the babies to their swimming class tonight and after getting my fix of The Dog Whisperer (hoping for clues on how to deal with neurotic idiot Moogs) I felt a bit more with it and felt a need to bake.
Poor Ruby has had to endure no chocolate or beer since she arrived. To make amends I made a batch of chocolate and banana muffins - another invented one and the most delicious so far. She seemed suitably impressed. Now all I have to do is invent a beer, banana and chocolate muffin and that'll be all her favourite foods in one!!
I'll post the recipe tomorrow - this one's a keeper :o)

I'm going to sit quietly and ripple tonight and will be sewing like a loon tomorrow to catch up !!!!

9 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Oh poor you! I hope you are feeling a bit better now. Those muffins sound great - I have a bunch of over-ripe bananas that I have been fighting Charlie off all day with a view to baking something with them so I look forward to your recipe!

I see you were too chicken to take photos in the school yard! Shame on you!

Lucy xxx

Leanne said...

Poor you I just hate the dentist. You and Lucy will have to get together and write the tales of Ruby & Charlie.

Patti said...

Oh your poor mouth. You deserved that snooze with Ruby afterwards. Glad she enjoyed the walk to school. Mmm muffins.

Monkee Maker said...

Hope you're feeling better now, and those muffins look delicious!

Bethany said...

At least it's over with..phew! I do hope you're feeling like yourself again shortly. Boy, is that monkee spoiled!!! (They need to make a "Monkey Whisperer" Show!)

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait for the recipe. I have tried so many new things since discovering "blogging"! I tell you what, that Ruby sure is a lucky one! Oh, and I definitely hope you are feeling wonderful now.

Patti said...

Have to comment on the spooky parallells. You are rippling, so am I, you have a monkee, so have I, you have a Moog, I have a Morag who is referred to more often than not as "The Moog". oh my. (Our Moog is a westie)

Kae said...

Poor you... hope you have recovered from the dentist ordeal.

Those muffins look very yummy!!! I might have to find/dust off the muffin tray and make some... hmmmm :D

~x~

Gina said...

Ouch! poor you... lucky you had that lovely monkey for company. Chocolate and banana muffins look scrummy!