Saturday, November 17, 2007

Early retirement? Not quite ...

Well, I did it - my first ever sale of my bags and bits. I had a very enjoyable evening and everyone seemed to like my goodies. Ruby obligingly posed for a shot once the table was set up but then hid in my handbag for the rest of the evening in case we got carried away and sold her!!



I didn't sell masses of stuff and hardly any of the small bits went but I have come away with a couple of orders.I also have enough stock left for the next fair on 7th Dec so will not have to go quite as mad making for that one :o) I may even have a little bit of a life for a week or so!!


My lovely friend Sarah (that's you Sarah - if you're reading!!!) who does the most beautiful ceramic jewellery and pots was right next to me with her stall. At the end of the night we swapped one of my bags for two of her gorgeous pendants. This one is mine:


She's suggested we do some fairs together as our stalls did look nice next to each other so hopefully we'll explore that one a bit more.
I have an avalanche of fabric to sort out next week as my stash has suffered somewhat during the creative frenzy of the past couple of weeks. I also have chutney to make for Christmas gifts and will be baking a birthday cake for a certain young man next week. Before any of that I'm going to rekindle my relationship with the ripple crochet blanket I'm making for Minxer's Christmas pressie.
I've thoroughly enjoyed having a deadline to meet but have to admit to a great sense of relief that I can now get back to 'normal' - whatever that is!!
Before I open the wine I have a couple more things to do.
The first is a question for you more techy/experienced bloggers : How do I do that crossing out words thing? Y'know where you put a line through what you want to say and then type the more polite version after - I'd rather like to use this as I'm in danger of overhyphenating!!!
The second and perhaps more important is to round off this week of musical wonderfulness with a real cringer - here goes!
To atone for this week's (allegedly) 'naff' music I will be linking to a much better (in my v humble opinion) selection of hits next week.
Hope you are having a fab weekend and thank you so much for all your crafty love and support over the past week.
xxxxxx

12 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Now that is a really bad song!!!!

So glad the craft fair went okay even if it didn't turn you into an instant millionaire! Your stall looks great! I'm going to copy some of your display tips for next week!

Will reply to your email shortly - frantically trying to finish off birthday presents for the man of the house!

Not long til wine time!

Lucy x

Gina said...

Your stall looked fabulous Lesley. But a truely awful song!!! Thank goodness I didn't know the words to this one!

Ali said...

Overhyphenating? - I'm guilty too!

Patti said...

your stall looked great.

that song is terrible.

off to listen to something else quickly before it starts to rattle round my head.

Anonymous said...

Nooooooooooooooo! I even quickly closed the window when the title came up and it's still going round in my head!!
Looking forward to a better quality of tune next week :)
Glad your fair went well,I suppose one upside of not selling loads is that you have less stress next time. Always a bright side!

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Hello Lesley
Sorry that I haven't been over for a while and in my absence I can see that you have been very busy..
I love your corsages and am v impressed with all your packaging.. I am doing my second craft fair next month and need to polish up my presentation..
Good Luck with the next one... and where is it??
Michelex

Monkee Maker said...

No way! I'm not listening too that - it's much to late ..... but aaaarrrrggghhhh - now I've thought about it it's in my head right before bed-time!!

The crossing out thingy is fab. I'll use an example I've used before :-

Say you want to type Monkee Maker is fab, but then you change your mind and want to make it rubbish you do this ....

Monkee Maker is (del)fab(/del) rubbish .... but instead of these brackets() you use these <> (I can't use those brackets in this example as blogger won't let you do it in comments)

I hope this helps and I'm definitely off to bed now - I have to be up early in the morning - doh!

ps. Good job at the fair!

Monkee Maker said...

aaarrgghh again! It's so late and I'm so tired .... please transpose the too and to in that earlier comment!

Night zzzzz

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love your booth! It looked fabulous. Your pendant is very pretty. Good trade for both of you! I believe you and your friend Sarah would have a ball and make money setting up together.

The song - I lived in Hawaii a few years ago, and was shocked to find they neutered their coconut trees. They did this to keep tourists from getting bonked on the head. Maybe they should have left a few and stood these fellows under one? This is one in my head for the day, again, shame!

dottycookie said...

Oh just *look* at your stall - it's fab!

weirdbunny said...

Your stall looks fantastic ! And I just love the necklace that you sent Lucy, and the wall hanging is superb ~ love Julia x