Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Bags and bags and monkees

The only thing that could coax a warm and cosy Sausage Monster out of bed this morning was a big cuddle from Ruby Monkee. Once up he was a Monster on a mission. The mission to locate all primates at Moog Towers and unite them as one big happy Monkee fambley.

We took a fambley photo to celebrate the occasion:


As promised I got my sewing head on and have made six bags so far today, with another two ready to assemble once I've blogged.

They are all simple lined tote bags, with enough strap to go over the shoulder but not so much that the bag drags on the floor when it's held in the hand. I haven't put clasps or fastenings on as I wanted to keep them as simple as possible and to keep the price down. I figure the parents going to the school fairs may not be taking wads of cash so thought I'd play it safe or maybe it's not safe and will come back and bite me in the bum!! A matter of wait and see.

Bag 1.



Watcha doin'?


Bag 2.


Bag 3. Ruby's favourite 'cos she matches it :o)


Bag 4. The only fabric for these bags that was bought from an actual fabric shop - ages ago before I wised up to charity shops and the scrapstore.


Bag 5.


Bag 6.

So that was today. No time for a 'lunch break' - what's one of those?
I did find time for a tiny bit of bloggage though and I'm not the only one celebrating the arrival of a beautiful new ape baby - see here if you want more wonderful Monkee goodness.
No hanging about tonight - gotta go sew!
Tomorrow morning is written off with a whole morning of nasty gum treatment at the dental school and the afternoon will be spent grocery shopping and taking paracetomol. I'll be squeezing in some crafting and monkeying about no doubt :o)

Love xxxxxxxx
P.S. Hello Helen - you know who you are ;o)

9 comments:

Monkee Maker said...

Beautiful bags, Lesley! I especially like the one that Ruby is modelling (not that I'm biased, natch!); I'm sure they'll go down a storm at the school fairs :)

Locket Pocket said...

Those bags are amazing Lesley - I achieved the grand total of absolutely nothing today! (Other than buying more fabric!) oh, and blogging about HP4 of course!

How much are you going to sell your bags for? I really like them!
Please can I buy Bag No.1? Don't sell it to the manky-mums!

Lucy x

Locket Pocket said...

P.S good luck for tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you!

Bethany said...

No. 5 is my favorite! But they all are great...you'll sell them all!
Tomorrow doesn't sound like fun...hope it goes okay. A good excuse to get pampered, I think!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the bags and Ruby just adds to them!

Patti said...

Glad to see Ruby is settling in. I love the bags. Good luck at the dentist. Ouch - I hurt just thinking about it.

Kaz said...

I love your bags they're gorgeous. I reckon you'll sell them easily at the school fair. I came to your site via monkee maker and I'm glad to see Ruby has settled in so well.

Kae said...

Beautiful bags!!!! I live in hope that I'm going to be able to sew one myself soon... My mam is going to teach me how to use a sewing machine without killing myself lol. Gonna bribe her with a monkey made of knit :)

~x~

beki said...

Wow, you've been busy! Your bags are so lovely ;-)