Thursday, November 29, 2007

Foiled!

Getting ready for school saga - the update:

I stuck to my guns and didn't nag/shout/nag this morning. Despite the fact that DH switched the alarm clock off and we all overslept (!) both children were washed, dressed, brushed, fed and ready for school by 8.30am!!!

I didn't get to try out my plan of making them walk to school in their pants. Still, there's always tomorrow - mwah ha ha ha haaaaa!!

I managed to avoid doing anything productive for the first part of the morning by shopping for plain hairclips. Not as easy as I had assumed. Most were an inch thick in glitter - nice.

The ones that I did get are now being made into 'pretties', as my Minxie calls them, for next Friday's school fair. As most parents, understandably, don't take bundles of cash with them to the fair I thought I'd better make some little cheaper items so have started with these:


(awful light so none of the colours are anything near 'real life' in this photo!

I've made 12 pairs so far and Minx has already chosen the ones with the heart buttons, so that's 11 left to sell! If they don't sell at least I can give them as presents.

As I've already used a good chunk of the evening up by accidentally pressing OK when Photoshop asked me if I wanted to 'Back up Now?' I feel I should now 'Step.....away....from....the...computer!' and get on with a bit more sewing.

Time for a bit of this though.

Night, night xxxx

6 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

The Pretties are definitely very pretty indeed! Good work MrsMoogsMum. Now make sure you work extra hard tomorrow and stop messing around! (as if I've achieved anything today!!!!!) Love the song. Lucy xxx

Patti said...

Love the hairclips. I would buy them. Infinitely preferable to the glitter jobs I have to clip in of a morning. One of my fave songs this time.

Bethany said...

I'm so proud of you!!! (Call me your back-up Queen...as soon as I get a new computer!)

Love the hair clips!!!! I think you'll sell them :)

Bethany said...

OH MY GOSH!! I have not been following your song links, but I did today and do you know that I was the biggest Police fan ever in the 80's??!!!! Do I have stories to tell about that! Thanks for brightening my day :))

Every little thing YOU do is magic!!!

Leigh said...

The pretties are very cute. Minx is a lucky girl!

Congrats on a "working well" morning routine.

Love Love Love Police and or Sting. Great choice!

Gina said...

Love the pretty Pretties. Brilliant song... ah.. Sting...swoon!
Gina xx