Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Sausage Monster!

This cute little roly poly pudding is a big 8 years old today!!
After the horrors of newbornbabyhood he became a cuddly cheerful little man. He's still lovely although, at times, a challenge! He still let's me kiss him goodbye at the school gates and likes nothing better than a cuddle.
His Granny loved him so much - he was her only grandson among her 5 beautiful grandchildren. She understood him better than anyone and I miss her advice every day.


He cut his first teeth at five months and walked unaided at 10 months. His feet were so big he had to miss the Clarks' Crawlers stage and go straight into 'big boy's' shoes - a size five and a half!! He became a big brother at 16 1/2 months and as far as he's concerned the Minx has always been here. Know how he feels on that one!!!
Grandma and Grandpa are on their way. We haven't seen them for over 2 months as they've been in Oz seeing B-I-L. Monster's best buddy in the whole world is also coming to tea tonight.
Table's laid. Cake's decorated according to Monster's instructions. All those lovely (unhealthy) colours I have and he chose white!!
Quick bolognese to bung together. Take at least two more lots of painkillers. We're there!!
Ready to party :)
Due to another morning spent in the dental hygienist's chair having ultra deep descaling on the whole of the right hand side of my mouth I am in a slightly distracted state. The local anaesthetic has worn off. It hurts. Like mad.
Therefore, I am going to toddle off now and drink some Calpol as we've run out of grown-up painkillers. I shall save my musical loveliness for tomorrow to be on the safe side or I might link to something dreadful!!
love xxxxx

9 comments:

pinkgreen said...

Hope you enjoy the birthday celebrations despite your toothache. You could alway try mixing the calpol with gin ;-)
Cathy XX

dottycookie said...

Happy Birthday to the Sausgae Monster! I think the candles more than compenstae for the white icing.

Good luck with the teeth - hope the calpol takes the edge off it - ouch!

Locket Pocket said...

I think the gin and calpol mix could be a very good idea. I had something similar one Christmas when I dropped an antique sewing machine on my toe - my brother-in-law's G&Ts are legendary!!! Hope the Monster has a fab party tea - cake looks great, late night icing obviously worked a treat!!!! Lucy xxx

P.S. my word verification today is "mzummzt" is that you swearing with your mouth full of dentistry gadgets????

Patti said...

I hope you get through the party ok with your poor mouth. Cake looks great.

I think the gin is a good plan too. Or whisky. Just don't have anything with sugar in it. I had a toothache a few months ago and the only alcohol in the house was Amaretto. I tried to numb the tooth with this and nearly hit the roof. Bad move.

the vicious chicken said...

You've gotta love calpol. Curer of all known ills, I believe - except for a broken leg, when what you need most is a dab of witch hazel (according to my gran, anyway...) :o)

Happy Birthday to your Sausage Monster! Hope he is having a fab day, and hope your toothache eases up enough for you to enjoy your share of that yummy-looking cake.
VCx

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday!!!! He is a cutie! I hope you have a great party and I really hope you feel better soon! My kids are only 15 months apart too!

Gina said...

Happy Birthday Sausage Monster... have a lovely time. Hope the Calpol kicks in soon Lesley and you can have a lovely time too!

Monkee Maker said...

Happy Birthday to your cute little monster! Criminey, there's a lot of November babies about blogland!

Hope you were able to enjoy some of that delish looking cake after your dental ordeal

And I never thought I'd say this, but ..... I'm missing the music ;)

Ali said...

Happy birthday SM. Keep swigging the calpol Mum. Just think - the pain was much worse 8 years ago!