Saturday, March 15, 2008

Very very real imaginary friends :) OR Country Living Spring Fair 2008

I thought yesterday would never come. In case you'd missed it (!) I had arranged to meet up with Lucy, Gina, Val, Jane and Lucy's (and my newly adopted!) big sis Ally at the Country Living Spring Fair in London.

The day started well with my train running on time and as it was just after rush hour I even got a comfy seat all to myself.

It was a very entertaining journey to the capital thanks to almost continual texting between Locket and myself!

Mostly about deer, power stations and sewage works!

I got snapping as the train drew into London


Being a saddo who always gets everywhere ridiculously early I was the first to arrive! A little while later I spotted a very familiar face. It was Ally and I recognised her thanks to some recently emailed photos and the fact that she was wearing one of Gina's beautiful pink carnations!

Before too long everyone else arrived. Lucy literally bounded out of the taxi when she spotted us.

She knows how to make an entrance!!! ;)

It was hugs all round and some lovely gifts were exchanged.


Top row left to right: gorgeous teeny tiny bunny made by Lucy; gorgeous teeny tiny bunny now christened 'Lucy' meeting her new friend 'Esther'; a fab craft book from Lucy :)

Middle row left to right: a very pretty mug cozy from Val - tried and tested today and it works a treat; the fab pink carnations that Gina made for all of us - these were such a talking point with all the stall holders we met - maybe they thought we were part of some bizarre stitchy cult!; gorgeous Lindt choccies from Ally.

Bottom row left to right: Jane bought us these gorgeous organic chocolate bunnies - four of mine jumped out of the packet before I could photograph them; close up of the last bunny just waiting for me to eat him ;) ; what should have been a photo of the lovely dotty cookies made for us by Val - gone almost as soon as I got home!!


After chatting outside the show for some time we eventually agreed that as we were there and we had all bought tickets it might be worth actually venturing inside!!

A few of the photos of the show hall are above. It was decorated beautifully - very girlie and springlike :)

We spent a lovely time together chatting, browsing the gorgeous stalls, chatting, admiring some beautiful craft work, chatting and waiting while Lucy gave out almost a whole pack of Moo-cards - dang that girl can network!!! Val wondered why she'd left her cards at home whilst I wondered why I hadn't even got any in the first place!!

There was some great retail therapy to be had and whilst I could have gone mad and spent a fortune I was actually very well behaved.


Gina and Val had to head homewards just after 2.30 and at some time after 3 o'clock the rest of us were flagging and decided to get something to eat.

We all chose exactly the same.

A very tasty red onion and goat's cheese tart with green salad and roasted butternut squash:



Well, I was hungry ok!!! I was so hungry I didn't get chance to take a photo!!

Something else I didn't take any photos of was the gorgeous ladies I spent the day with! Not ...a...single....picture !! I was so busy talking, shopping or taking pictures of roof structures and empty plates that I forgot! Lucy has a lovely picture of Jane, Val, Gina and I over on her blog.

It was a wonderful day and I feel like I've known all of my now very real imaginary friends for years.

Thank you so much for this lovely get together ladies and we really must do it again very very soon!


Before I go I really must say Thank You to my lovely bloggy friend Leigh who gave me one of these lovely awards a few days ago:

First of all I have to say 'Right back at you Leigh' ... and your lovely Mum too!!
Now normally, at this point, I'd either do a big list or pass this to everyone who reads the blog.
This time, if you don't mind, I'd really like to give this one to all the girls I met up with yesterday to say a simply huge thank you for such a great day!
Now I'm feeling guilty! Ok. I'm going to widen the net.
To all of you who have made my 156 (so far) posts such a pleasurable, warm and friendly experience by reading and/or commenting please please please take this award with all my love xxxx

Loads of love xxxxxx
don't forget to leave a comment on Post 155 for my Stacking Bunny Giveaway :)

22 comments:

Gina said...

It was so good to meet you Lesley - it was a wonderful day. Bit upset I missed that lunch though!! ;)
Can't wait until next time.
Gina xxxx

Locket Pocket said...

It really was a fab day wasn't it? Makes me even more sad though that we live so far apart (and that you have got a stinky job now!) I am preparing my blog for tomorrow which will show how nice our lunch was before we demolished it! Help yourself to the photo of you all from my blog - or I can email it to you direct (will probably do that tomorrow anyway!)

When is our next meet up then? Maybe we should go to Ally Pally in November(?) but we will have to arrange something before that too (once I have recovered from the train journeys!)

A really brilliant day though! Lucy xxx

Leigh said...

Wow, it sounds like you ladies had an awesome time!

You do totally deserve the award!

Kitty said...

I'm so glad you all had such a nice time - well, it would be hard not to wouldn't it? You're all rather fabulous.

Thanks for sharing it. x

Kitty said...

Forgot to say congratulations on the award - what a sweet picture (and it's got red in so I bet you like it!)

x

Lina said...

Glad you had such a great day out - you lucky girl!

French Knots said...

Sounds like a brilliant day out, you lucky buggers!!
Love that braid with the little people on it.

marit said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day! Thanks for sharing:-)

Jennie said...

It sounds like a really wonderful day. Your pictures are fabulous.

Ali said...

I'm having such fun hopping between the blog reports from all of you - sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Jane said...

Hi Lesley, It was a lovely day and I loved every minute only wish i could have got there earlier, can't wait to see everyone again soon you are all as lovely in person as on your blogs Love Jane x

artisbliss said...

Well you all certainly seem to have had a bang-up good time. I'm glad you got the opportunity to do something so fun.

I've about decided to look up the pattern for a likely bag and make one for myself. I'm drooling over yours and I've got simply loads of fabric just sitting around not doing anything. If I do actually make one I'll post a photo so you can see what you've inspired.

I may have to have a look for a red onion goat cheese tart, too!

Leah said...

I love that you photographed the empty plate! how creative.

Monkee Maker said...

I've really enjoyed reading everyones tales of the craft fair, and your collages are fab! I simply can't believe you didn't snap any fellow bloggers though ....

The bags you made for everyone look great and they must have been full up before you even got inside the door with all the goodies being exchanged!

I really liked the look of the dotty cookies ..... such a shame they didn't hang around long enough to be included in your collage!!

:)

est said...

wow! fantastic trip! and those trims are so gorgeous! thanks for taking 'esther'bunny along:)

Leanne said...

Sounds like you had a great day. I love the new header but I think there should be a photo of the moog in the side bar don't want to hurt an old dogs feelings.

Little House By The Sea said...

I went to the christmas fair a couple of years ago and it was FAB... I couldnt go this time sadly.. Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Wow you look like you had a fab time, wish I had gone. Love your bags, really wish i had gone now! x

Bethany said...

What a great day!!! I wish I was there. I'm still imaginary, though you can see pictures of me from my Saturday... where we won a very real award...yeah!!!

the vicious chicken said...

Wow, it all looks and sounds fab - glad you all had such a good time. And such lovely goodies you all made for each other! Had a good giggle over the idea of your 'stitchy cult', tbough :o)

Off to comment on your giveaway post, now... I'm a bit behind...
VCxx

Angela said...

It sonds as if a good time was had by all.The gnome ribbon is wonderful.Is it going to be saved for a xmas project?.

mc said...

Looks like you all had great fun meeting up together.I have enjoyed reading all the posts. Thanks for sharing the day with us.
c*