Monday, March 31, 2008

Never mind subtle - IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!


I was going to try to be very subtle and coy and quietly mention that IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!!!! However, I've had such a lovely day that subtlety be blown - I wanna show off :)


First up, did I mention that I was going to see FRENCH AND SAUNDERS very very soon as a birthday pressie from my lovely long-suffering husband?! Oh, I did?


At 6.45 I was descended upon by sleepy small people - my lovely babies chose me a big chunky turquoisy blue necklace, a funny DVD and some lovely new nightclothes :) Minx was almost bursting as she was desperate to tell me what they had bought. She's not a natural keeper of secrets :)


Then, I opened a parcel from my lovely blog friend Gina and couldn't quite believe my eyes - she posted this gorgeous clutch bag on her blog last week and I adored it then - now it's mine....all mine....!!!!! Thank you so much Gina xxxxx



I then opened another part of the fabulous present that Leigh and her (MY) Mum sent to me, all the way from Tennessee!! Some beautiful fat quarters that Minx is trying hard to lay claim to - I've told her to 'gerroff they're mine!!'.
Thank you Leigh and Mum :) xxxxx They're beautiful and every time I look at my beautiful bird house I smile :)



Whilst on the phone to Locket this morning, Mr Postie arrived. Locket was very excited as she knew he had something special in his bag for me.


Poor man. I was even more jumpy up and down on the doorstep than usual.


He failed to notice that most of my mail was 'card-like' or had 'THE BIRTHDAY GIRL' written on it - I was expecting at least a cursory 'Happy Birthday Madam' from him - aaah, customer service ain't what it used to be...


What he did give me was this gorgeous bundle:


This was all unceremoniously torn open whilst squealing ultrasonically on the phone to Locket - the sender of this pile of treasure :)


She knows I'm partial to a bit of turquoise.


Who could this be?
He's been suitably named by Minx et moi.

It's Leif - a bunny chok full of yummy turquoiseness - called Leif 'cos of his leaves - not 'cos I'm a Leif Garrett fan ( although I may have been briefly). His little friend made of knit is called Edgar and he even has a scrumptious turquoise carrot to nibble on :)

He was accompanied by more turquoiseness

and even some beautiful redness! At last, I have a respectable pin cushion to share with the world!!



Thank you soooo much Lucy - love you!!!

I also got some beautiful cards from my lovely bloggy friends - including my Tennessee Mum :)


Something else that meant the world to me today was receiving phone calls from my two lovely Aunties - my Mum's sisters.

Aunty M even sang Happy Birthday to me in the same out of tune manner as Mum used to - we are never going to be the Von Trapp Family singers in my family!! Mum always used to say she was the only person who could sing in tune with Les Dawson's piano playing - and she was right!


They even sent me a beautiful bouquet :)



At midday I went out for a scrummy lunch with my lovely friend Kayla.
We were having such a lovely time that I almost forgot I had to pick the naughty ones up at 2.15 as we all had a dental appointment.....on my birthday!! What can I say, it was the only appointment I could get!


This mini downturn in events carried on a bit.


Leftover bolognese for dinner:




Co-op sponge cakes for my 'birthday cake'! ( two for £1.20 mind you!!).



The situation improved rapidly thanks to this :)

....and some of these ( matter of taste, I know, but I loves 'em so there and it's my birthday so there!!)

Another blogger shares her birthday with me - all the best people do ( ;) ) - so go say Happy Birthday to WMK too - she's got a fab Wikipedia link and the very best birthday song I've even seen!!!
Off now to drink a glass or three :)



35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to YOU! Have a lovely rest of the day you lucky thing - love those pressies!

Locket Pocket said...

I really enjoyed making your birthday presents so I'm pleased you like them! Your other goodies are fab - wish it was my birthday now!!!

Please will you save me some of the red wine and olives too?????

Happy Birthday!!!! LOVE that photo of you by the way!

Locket xxxx

Leigh said...

Happy Birthday! Your lovelies are almost as lovely as you!

Mum sends her love!!!

Guzzisue said...

happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
happy birthday to yooouuuuuuuuuuuuu
happy birthday to you

enjoy the rest of the day.

trash said...

curses! I was hoping it would be later in the week! Keep checking the post as the week goes on - I'm saying is all.

Lots of loveliness there Missus - no less than you deserve of course. As for the cakes? Not only were they a bargain - never to be sneezed at (or on - eugh sneezed on cakes :-P) - but lots of fabulous fairtrade points! That has to be a good way to end your birthday!

Glad your day has been lovely. Happy Birthday from all at Trash Towers.

Ali said...

Cheers! And a very Happy Birthday to you!

Stephanie Pettengell said...

A very happy birthday to you, it sounds like it has been a good one with all the lovely goodies and great friends and French and Sauders still to come. Brilliant birthday, hope mine is half as good.

Julie said...

What a bumper bundle stash of presents! And yummy wine too! Happy Birthday Lesley!!! I'm toasting you with a glass of sherry! Woo hoo! Party time! :) have a lovely evening xx

JuliaB said...

Happy Birthday from a fellow Olive Fiend.

monda-loves said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Looks like you had a totally fab day (except the dentist bit). Some lovely goodies there from your blog buddies too.

Monda
x

Monkee Maker said...

Happy Birthday, Lesley! What a load of lovely birthday goodies you've had.

I hope the red is working it's magic and making you forget that you now need to change your profile .... ahem .....

;)

Kae said...

Happy Birthday, my dear :D Lovely lovely presents!!!! And lovely lovely olives hmmmmmmmm :D Prefer the black ones personally... but olives are olives and yummy!!! :D

~x~

Lucykate Crafts... said...

happy birthday! : )

marit said...

Hurra for deg som fyller ditt år, ja deg vil vi gratulere!
Alle i ring omkring deg vi står og se, nå vil vi marsjere!
Hoppe, nikke, neie, snu oss i ring,
danse så for deg med hopp og sprett og spring.
Ønske deg av hjertet alle gode ting.
Og si meg så, hva vil du mere? GRATULERE!!!
Happy Birthday, Lesley:-)

artisbliss said...

A very happy birthday and many happy returns.

Lina said...

Happy birthday mate!

Blossom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
I know I'm a bit late......but it looks like you had a great day!!!

(I'm still drooling over that birdhouse!!)

aussie birthday wishes!!!!

est said...

happy birthday to you lesley!!!!! i'm sorry i was so slow in everything but i'll keep up soon.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you, it looks like you had a great day!

Jane said...

Happy Birthday! Jane x

saraeden said...

Hope you had a very Happy Birthday :0)

Sara x

Jodie said...

ooh, happy birthday to you - I love that pin cushion with a picture of you brushing the dog. How perfect!

Gina said...

Happy Birthday Lesley so pleased you liked the pressie. Sounds like you had a fab day despite the dentist appointment. "Sideways" is a great film... especially when accompanied by a glass or two of red stuff!

Gina xx

Lovely photo... can see it is you!

Angela said...

Happy Birthday.

Kitty said...

Oh bums, bums, bums and more bums ... I'm late :-( I'm sorry Lesley - I was 'indisposed' yesterday.

Here's hoping you had a wonderful day, that you have a fantastic time at F&S, and nothing other than a brilliant year ahead.

With love, Kitty and my smalls xxx

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't read your blog yesterday but happy belated birthday wishes to you. Wow what a lucky one you were, all those goodies. Glad you had a good day x

Louise said...

Lesley, happy birthday for yesterday. No wonder you decided to tell us all, you couldn't have kept ALL those presents to yourself. I can imagine how chuffed to bits you must have been to have received them all. I am not even going to attempt to say what I do and don't like best, as I love them all. x

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time. Every time I go into our local shop those cakes shout out BUY ME!! Yummmm..
Wishing you many more happy days until your next birthday.
c*

dottycookie said...

Oh I can't believe I missed it - belated Happy Birthday Mrs M!!

I love olives too - all the best people do, you know ;-)

Bethany said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LESLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed it yesterday but you are allowed to celebrate all year, so I'm only on the beginning, (right?!).

I want to send you a present... you'll have to email me your address (not sure if i have it!). Or maybe I will soon ;)

You are like the sister I always wanted!!! (I do have 2 but you would fit in wonderfully!!!). I'm glad you had such a great birthday and I laughed when I saw "Sideways" because that's a favorite movie here..though we don't own it yet!
So BIG hugs from Pennsylvania and enjoy your b-day week (see how I am making myself feel better for not being able to pull your blog up yesterday??)
xoxo~ Bethany

Kaz said...

Happy birthday for yesterday!! You got some scrummy pressies and I am envious of those ribbons and buttons!!

Hope the wine went down a treat!

Kaz xx

the vicious chicken said...

So sorry I missed this yesterday, but congratulations on getting a little bit older and wiser ;o) Hope you had a really lovely day (dentist notwithstanding...)
VCxx

Anonymous said...

Sorry it's a day late but Happy Birthday. Lovely pressies
Lisa x

Michaela said...

Another one who's a day late wishing you a happy birthday. I've just been to Wales, and so I'll say it in Welsh for you - penblwydd hapus y chi - well, I think that's what it means anyway!

Hope you managed to drink all the wine and eat all the cake!

Jennie said...

Ohh nooo I missed your birthday! Sorry!
Happy belated birthday wishes!!