Tuesday, March 4, 2008

She's better!!

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments yesterday. The naughty Minx is feeling much much better and is back to her 'normal' self i.e. non stop chatter, lots of attitude, plenty of nagging. She'll be in school bright and early tomorrow!!!!

She's also a very bad influence.

A quick trip to the wool/fabric shop for some additional wool for my ripple blanket resulted in this lot coming home with us!



The top two balls of wool are for the blanket. The bottom two are for a little knitted teddy. I also accidentally bought some very pretty pastel coloured wool roving for some felting projects that are nestled somewhere in my foggy brain.


When we got home Minx flew off to explore the stars in her rocket ship....

.....whilst I finished the sewing on the basset hound pillow. I had a mishap last night when fixing the fabric paint. I managed to scorch the white background fabric with the iron!!

Therefore, he had to be cut out and appliqued to a pink background but I think he looks ok for it!


Whilst quickly nipping into Sainsbury's for a pillow with which to stuff the basset the Minx spotted a few half price bargains:


So - not the best day for my purse! £3 of cheapo acrylic wool ended up costing nearly £15 and £4 of cheapo pillows ended up costing £22.

Thank goodness Minx is better - she bankrupts me every time she's off!!

When we got back from buying pillows etc there was a great big Interlink Express van parked across our driveway.

The man had just tried to deliver something to our house and was about to drive off.

Having spotted me trying to drive through his van to get onto the drive he hopped out and gave me a parcel.

Can you guess what was in it?


Here's a rather exciting clue....



Here's a bigger clue....


The poor man - what must he have thought as I hopped up and down giggling and garbling something about how he'd made my day.

When I got indoors the excitement overwhelmed me and I became so high pitched I could only be heard by dogs and bats!!!

See how excited I look....



Those lovely lovely sewing machine people have sent me a New Baby as the old Baby was obviously incurable.

As you may be aware poorly Baby was returned on Friday by my DHL hero. I can't believe New Baby arrived so quickly.

I made a very quick something to show you just how happy I am :)


Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely new baby, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Glad the minx is recovered too...time to give your purse a few days off too, I should imagine! Fran

. said...

I'm overwhelmingly jealous of your new baby. I WANT ONE!! (unfortunatley, as is so often heard uttered in our house. I want, doesn't get! ;)).

Glad the minx is better. Your post made me think of that BT ad... why is it called "free time" when you spend so much?

love xMx

artisbliss said...

Shopping with children--always a mistake. Glad Minx is better.

I think you must be delirious about your new baby. Congratulations and have fun!

PJS said...

Hey... new baby!!! great!

I love the dress you bought too, very nice.

Angela said...

Glad to hear Minx is better and well enough to go back to school. Just in time for you to play with your new baby.
The cushion looks wonderful well done.

Kaz said...

wow what a lot to comment on!! I'm so overwhelmed with excitement at you getting a brand spanking new baby in less than a week (read that as envious)that I have to remember what the rest of the post was about!

Glad the Minx is better and that you got some lovelies.

Kaz x

tintocktap said...

Glad Minx is better and leading you astray! Lovely new baby - you're making me jealous.

Just read your basset hound tutorial. Wow - don't think I could every do anything half as good! Think I'll stitck to stitching.

the vicious chicken said...

You wonderful mad woman, you!

So glad to hear that the Minx is feeling better. Your shopping trip together looks like it was lots of fun, even if it ended up being a tad more expensive that you had bargained for...

Also very pleased for you on the new arrival :o)
VCxx

Locket Pocket said...

I can personally vouch for the unnaturally high-pitched squeakiness caused by the arrival of the new baby - I do hope the DHL man doesn't need therapy to recover from his meeting with you!

So glad Minxy and Baby are happy and well - your Bassett looks amazing appliqued onto the pink and the cushion is rather smart - much better than my attempt at creativity today!

And don't blame Minxy for you spending too much money - that's like me blaming my children for dropped sewing needles!!!

trash said...

Congratulations on safe arrival of new baby. Glad to see mother and new baby doing well!

Stephanie Pettengell said...

Pleased to know that all's right with the world

Monkee Maker said...

Excellent news all round! There seems to be just one thing missing from this post .....

.... you, and the Minx out shopping together ....

..... wot, no cakes???

;)

Kitty said...

Woooohoooo - gawjus new baby you have there Mrs Moog - hope mother and baby are both still feeling ticketyboo.

So glad to read that going shopping with a daughter-person results in bankruptcy for other people and not just me. Even in charity shops she manages to spend up!

x

PS Oh and I think I prefer the bassett hound on the pink instead of the white ... a happy accident! x

Leigh said...

Wow, what a day! I am glad Minx is all better and you got a new baby to boot! Love your new goodies!!!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! That was FAST!!! Now, get off this computer and go play!!!

Julie said...

Fantastic!!!! Good news all round...and shopping!!!! What a fantastic day :)) The basset pillow looks wonderful - I want one! (now don't take that seriously I'm just jealous of how clever you are :) )

marit said...

Pretty speedy on that baby! Have lots of fun with it!
The bassetthound looks faboulous! The cushion is really,really cute!
So glad the Minx is doing better:-)

Bethany said...

Oh Happy Day!!! I am glad Minx is all better and you are reunited with your machine!!!
Your pillow is too cute...the applique looks fantastic! And I'm excited to see your knitting projects!

est said...

wow!! happy for yr sewing machine!!! and o gosh!! what a great painter you are!! i'm really amazed with how great you did with the basset on fabric!

Leanne said...

All good news - the babies back - Minx is better and great retail therapy.

Gina said...

I made the mistake of taking my young man shopping yesterday (a treat because he's been so wonderful) and he cost me a small fortune. I now understand why one might resort to keeping one's children in a box! He went back to school this morning too!

I think the Bassett Hound looks even better appliqued onto the pink background. fabulous!