Tuesday, March 11, 2008

152 - All change!!

Just as I'd decided this job thing wasn't going to be happening - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek the phone rang!!!

I've been offered and have accepted the job and should be starting on or around 21st April. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!


Things may change slightly round here.

Not the blogging or the crafting if I can help it.

Moogsdad will once more have to do his share of the household chores ;-)

Judging by the huge grin on his face when I told him the news there is some hope!!

To clear up any questions about Moogsdad that arose from yesterday's post, he's not an inventor - yet! He is a research scientist - so innovation and problem solving are his bag, baby.


However, he dreams of one day having a big mad inventor's shed in which he can innovate to his hearts content - preferably whilst being paid innordinately vast sums of money for doing so.

What can I say - the man's a Virgo and he loves to dream :)



Sooooo - you want to know what all that mess I made yesterday was about then?

I've been shelf filling in my little shop :)



I went to the Scrapstore today and joined up as planned. They didn't have a great deal of fabric today but I got a few nice bits.



I also noticed these:



I asked how much.

Go on guess!!



£1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are for me :)

Stop laughing - I can roller skate....ish....or at least I could when I was twelve.....

On top of all that fabulousness I am also the proud and very delighted recipient of a brace of awards from the delectable Miss Kitty.

A very apt award from the Kitty - a Cool Cat Award. Moog's not so sure about this one as she has a lifelong aversion to all things feline. I, however, am delighted - thank you Kitty!

This one I would like to pass on to everyone who comments on my ramblings and indeed to those of you who read but find yourselves at a loss for words!! Go on help yourself!!





The second award is this lovely The One In A Million Friend Award:




It originated with Ann at A Nice Place in the Sun, and is a recognition of the fact that our blogging friends have a huge impact on our lives. This is certainly true for me.

Blogging has done so much for me since losing my job and my Mum last year. I have never felt lonely at home and a big part of that is knowing that there are lovely people out there, near and far, who get what I'm about, who encourage, inspire and support me and make me laugh every single day.

This list is by no means complete as I do like a good lurk and neither is it in any particular order!! I raise a glass to all of you (no surprises there then!!), my lovely real imaginary friends :)

Lucy Locket Pocket Rocket Sprocket and my big sister Ally and dad, Gina, Monkee Maker, Kitty, Trashalou, Julie at Mixed Media, Vicious Chicken, Kaz, Jo at French Knots, Patty, Marit, Bethany, Leigh and my new Mum :), Leanne, Lina, Jodie and her naughty boys, Est my lovely swap partner, Val the Dotty one, Ali the domesticated one, Susan the Blissful Artist, Jane at Crafty Conundrum, Lucykate, Monda, Angie, Thimbleanna, Suzie....

Thank you all for being there!

love Lesley xxxxx

30 comments:

dottycookie said...

I'm doing my best Cliff Richard impression here - "Congratulations!" How fabulously exciting! Is that the start of next term for you? Our holidays are completely off here - we break up for 2 weeks holiday next Thursday!

Lovely bags, lovely skates (you will never catch me on those, lives would be lost), lovely news!

And thank you for my award. The Dotty one, indeed ;-)

Locket Pocket said...

but i don't want you to go out to work! sniff!!!! who will i have stupid phonecalls with then? sniffffffffff!

Actually I'm very impressed and very proud of you! You really are bloody brilliant and it is great that your new employers think so too!!!

Locket Sprocket Pocket Rocket Don'tknockit xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S so what's wrong with being a Virgo then??????

mc said...

Congratulations! Well done and well deserved. I am so pleased for you and glad that MD is going to help out at home so that you can continue blogging.Love your pleated bag with flower.
c*

Kaz said...

Well done on getting the job!! How exciting for you, I hope you love it.

Those fabrics and bags are just gorgeous, I can only hope to make stuff like that one day.

I have some of those skates, sadly covered in cobwebs these days, but how much fun getting on them and being a child again. Go and enjoy!!

Kaz xx

the vicious chicken said...

Oh wow, that's so fantastic!! Massive congratulations for being such a clever-clogs and obviously wow-ing that interview panel enormously - but quite right too as we all knew already that you were fab and by far the best person for the job :o)

And I've just made the NBM jump by cackling loudly at the sight of those fantabulous-looking in-line skates! Rather you than me there, though...
VCxx

PS I did step away from the computer like I said I would... only then I stepped back again ;o)

Gina said...

I'm joining in with Dotty Cookie...
"CONGRATULATIONS!"
Well done you - very exciting news.
Lovely bags - you've inspired me to think about starting an Etsy shop... might just take me a while though.
I used to roller skate - until I broke my wrist (I fell over whilst showing off!)
Thank you for the award. :)
Gina xxxx

Kitty said...

£1? :-O

ONE POUND? :-O

ONE HUNDRED PENCE? :-O

For roller skates? :-O That's bluddy brilliant that is! I hope you have lots and lots of fun on/with them.

Those bags are more than a bit gorgeous aren't they? You are sooo clever. I've never made a bag. I really am going to try at some point.

A very big CONGRATULATIONS!! on getting the job - I knew you would. Just knew it. I hope it proves really fulfilling and happy for you. Please don't stop blogging though, I'd really miss you :-(

And you thoroughly deserve any and all awards - this is a fab bloggage.

Take care. x

PS Crikey, is my comment longer than VC's for once? :-O

Lina said...

Congratulations! Well done! Hurray! How wonderful...! Thanks for the award, what a sweetie. And what fabulous bags, haven't you been a busy girl? Especially liking that pleated number with the flower, very spring like!

French Knots said...

Well done, a great sounding job I'm sure you'll be brilliant at it!
We have a Scrapstore type place near here that I discovered after you mentioned them called.........Grumpys! Must have been named for me!

artisbliss said...

Oh, big congratulations Lesley!!! Sounds like good news all around.
I love your yummy bags, too.

Ali said...

Congratulations! Can we assume you're going to be commuting to work on the new rollerblades then?

Stephanie Pettengell said...

Congratulations, I can uncross everything now. I love the bags as well and wow skates for a £1. Your luck is in this week, I should treat yourself to a lottery ticket!

Julie said...

Du dudududu du dududududu boom boom boom boom Congratulations! How fantastic! Grinning like a Cheshire cat here(Oops sorry Moog!) I'm enjoying the image of you skating to work too! lol
Aaah bless! Thank you for the award, it's sweet of you. I'm sure you're blogging will change with the job but just think of the tales you'll have to tell us!
BTW the bags are lovely.

Leigh said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I think we will all be a little jealous that we have to share you, but alas, the brilliant must better the unblog earth too!

I am with Lucy Locket what is wrong with being a virgo, teehee!!!

Seriously, Good Luck with your new job, I hope you LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for the new job!

The bags are gorgeous.

Jodie said...

Congratulations on the job - well done and even more comgratulations on your well-deserved awards and that extremely delicious pleated bag!

Monkee Maker said...

Hey, well done you! I hope you'll be able to find a work / home / crafting / blogging balance that suits you (and us!!)

Smashing new bags for your shop, MM, but now I want another one!

Congrats on the awards too, and thanks for spreading the love.

:)

Angela said...

Congratulations on the job.Lovely bags.

Patti said...

Congrats on the job. Scary and exciting all at the same time.

One English pound for those boots? 50p each. Bargain, man.

Love the bags. Off to have a nosey at them right now.

trash said...

Work? Isn't that something you do when Blogger shuts down?

A very huge congratulations Missus!

Shall I challenge you to skating race downhill in my town?

. said...

Big Congrats on the new job. Going back to work does try to suck the crafting time out of you, which sucks. On the plus side though - all the more pennies for stash! Woo Hoo!

I love the new bags - the one with the fabric flower particularly.

LOL @ Moogsdad dreaming of his inventing shed. My DH dreams of a motorbike building shed. God love 'em.

BARGAIN! on the roller blades. I have to confess I have a pair in the understairs cupboard which I've had for about 8 years and I've only worn them once. Probably a good job though, because I mostly fell on my arse when I wore them. ;)

xMx

Leanne said...

Well done on the new job - personally I wouldn't use those skates until you have been in that new job for a while it doesn't look good to start a new job with a broken arm - Haa Haa. The bags look great.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting the job ! Sounds like great hours, but working sure does eat into blogging time :)

Louise said...

Well done on winning the job, I have to look for one soon, this is already my second week of not having one, although it has to be said that I could get very used to being a 'kept woman'. I love this blogging too, it is such a nice way to have contact with the outside world, although with my really long list of blog friends now, it is so difficult to keep in touch regularly with everyone, so I apologise now for being so lapse in my comments to you, I do read your blog often. I had a great pair of white leather roller skates with bright orange neon wheels when I was a teenager, I used to love skating, but would probably break my neck if I tried now! I wish I could make things, your bags are great, that is the only problem I can see with the blogs, the fact that my face does seem to be changing to a rather horrible shade of green rather too often! Good luck on your fist day. x

Jane said...

Woo hoo Congratulations! Lesley on your new job. Lovely bags you've made too. Skates you are a brave lady (i was always too terrified to try, i also couldn't ride a bike rotten balance!) Congrats on your awards you are a special friend. looking forward to Friday Jane x

tintocktap said...

Yay - well done you on the new job! And on the skates!!! (Rather you than me!)

Thimbleanna said...

WooHooooo!!!! Congratulations!!! How Exciting! (Although I am very sad for sweet Lucy {sniff}{sniff}!) And thank you for letting me be both real AND imaginary LOL! The dreaminess backatcha!!!

saraeden said...

Well done you on getting the job !!

You have been busy with the bags i too love the pleated one with the flower !!!

Sara x

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for my first ever blogging award - I am sure I don't deserve it as I have yet to create my own blog. But thank you anyway, much appreciated.

Well done on the job front, please please please stay near a phone for my little sis as I have had peace and quiet for such a nice long time now!

Sorry I didn't comment earlier but it has been a busy week so far, but never mind day off on Friday - yippeeeeee.

BIG sis Ally x

Bethany said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I missed this post yesterday and am just so happy for you!!!!! (And sad for Lucy) I think they have no idea of the talent that they are getting. Are we allowed to write to them and demand a pay increase for you???!

I was just telling my husband today that I can't get over how much I love my blogging friends... how much I "know" them! Even better than some of my family members lately! (not immediate...that would be bad!). And you are on the top of my list of favorite people! I completely know what you're talking about. I used to want a pen pal from another country when I was little. Now I have a handful and can talk to them almost immediately! It is awesome!