Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Where's Tuesday gone???

Did someone press the 'delete Tuesday' button? C'mon - own up!



Being the blog addict that I am I was fully intending to post yesterday. Somehow the day went and all of a sudden it's Wednesday.



Making a whole heap of these may have accounted for a bit of Tuesday.


With plenty of this - yum yum!




I just had to post the next picture to prove to myself that these are all finished at last!



Talk about a mental block! It took a huge amount of willpower to get these done. The people who they are for were very specific about what they wanted. Obviously this is good on the one hand but I also felt that it took away any 'creative freedom' - if you know what I mean - does that sound really pretentious?



It does?



Good :)




This morning's trip to the bank necessitated a bit of accidental shopping. Nothing extravagant of course :)



A quick rummage in Peacocks found four smocks for £2 each. All in cotton. All about a metre or so of fabric. All to be cut up and repurposed at some point. Maybe into bags/toys/clothes for Minx.



Here's a close-up of each.



Now for some sneaky peaks concerning this and this.





In case you are wondering about the bottle, it's fabric painting medium that can turn your humble acrylic paints into fabric paints. As I have a rather large stash of acrylic paint left over from a previous obsession it seemed a good way of using some up!!

The medium is made by Golden and for those of you in the UK I bought it from here. It lasts ages so the initial outlay is worth it.


Here's a lovely thing.


A few days ago the lovely Miss Kitty held an awards ceremony and I was one of the very lucky recipients of not one but two fabulous shiny new awards!!



To explain I have borrowed this from Miss Kitty:
This ... award originated with Rachel at Lessons Learned.She says, "To be judged worthy of these awards by these bloggers is enormously gratifying, and makes the lack of monetary compensation for this silly little hobby worthwhile."


The next award originated with Project Mommy who says: "... I love being a part of the blogging community and part of all the friendships that I've formed so I wanted to give a blog award for all of you out there that have Excellent Blogs. By accepting this Excellent Blog Award, you have to award it to 10 more people whose blogs you find Excellent Award worthy. You can give it to as many people as you want but please award at least 10. Thank you out there for having such great blogs and being such great friends! You deserve this! Feel free to award people who have already been awarded. "


Whilst not wishing to appear lazy in the passing it on of the awards I would like to pass it on to all of you who read and comment on my blog and even to you regular lurkers - YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE :)
Please feel free to copy and paste the awards into your own blogs - don't be shy - have both!!! You deserve them after all as your kindness, creativity and fun make the world a nicer place to be :)
xxxxx

14 comments:

PJS said...

Just thought I would tell you that I love your blog and that your awards were deserved.

PJS

.... I lost my tuesday too..

Locket Pocket said...

fabby cushions - ratty's tail is particularly good! And as for those fabrics - they are brilliant! can't think what else to say as I'm totally distracted by the fact that I am talking to you on the phone at the same time!

Thimbleanna said...

Yum -- you had your pancakes! Lovely pillows, well-deserved awards, and funny Lucy commenting before me -- a great way to start the day!

Kitty said...

Congratulations on the awardage - very much deserved. I do know what you mean on the issue of having an order for something which is so specific that it takes away the ability to tweak, embellish or add a little touch/flourish. But they are fabulous cushions! x

Gina said...

Tha cushions are fabulous - but know what you mean about it stifling creativity.
Brilliant shopping at Peacocks and congratulations on the awards - very well deserved as always!
Gina xx

artisbliss said...

Your cushions are adorable, your yummies look, well, yummy, and your awards are well-deserved. I'm hoping to get something nice done today as I'm home with a strained hamstring after a nasty fall on the ice. Picture a rather hefty middle aged lady trying to do the splits. Urgh.

Bethany said...

Are you trying to make me hungrier or what?! That pie looks delicious!!! Your pillows turned out wonderfully too! You seem so professional now. Congrats on the awards AGAIN... now when I see awards I think: Lesley. She is the superstar. If there was a blog emmy for best blog writing, it would go to you every time! The fabric is cool too and I can't wait to see what it becomes. Now to go eat something.

Ali said...

It just makes me crazy that in this country it is cheaper to buy finished items of clothing and chop them up than it is to buy fabric. The world has gone bonkers.

I was a crap mother and failed to produce pancakes yesterday.

Julie said...

Congratulations on your awards, well deserved! The cushions are great and great fabrics from Peacocks. I've been doing something similar myself today - buying stuff to repurpose. I shall have to look into that Golden medium. Thank you for the link.

weirdbunny said...

Most of my fabric comes from cut up clothes ~ Julia x

Lina said...

I agree with Ali, I use old clothes to make things but it had never even occured to me to buy new stuff to cut up. How crazy is that? I'm always amazed though at your productivity levels - very impressive!

Angela said...

Congratulations on your awards.The cushions look lovely.Lucky you finding the smocks, very nice fabric.

Leanne said...

Mmm I love pancakes with lemon & sugar. Congrats on the finished cushion they look great. Well done on the awards you deserve them you always make me laugh.

Leigh said...

Wow, your fabric finds are great! I can't wait to see what you make out of those!!!

Congrats on your much DESERVED awards!!!