Monday, February 18, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggedy jig :)

This is a very short post to say thank you to every one of you who left such supportive comments on my last post.

The weekend actually went much better than anticipated and at times I felt that Mum was there with me - particularly when I was emptying her knicker drawer!!!!

I quite miraculously saw my best friend whilst I was at Dad's. She now lives down on the south coast about 40 miles from here. We are going over to stay with her later this week as it is so imagine my surprise when I spotted her Mum at one of Dad's neighbour's yesterday. A quick hug and a chat with Aunty B established that N was on her way to pick her up imminently.
As we were leaving Dad's they were just leaving too so we had a chat outside our childhood homes for the first time in years!!!! See you on Thursday Missus and I hope you've found us somewhere to sleep :)

We took the children ice skating in Swindon today and they both did really well. It was just their second time on the ice and the last time was well over a year ago. This was me and Moogsdad - no really :)

Tomorrow is a big day as I'm meeting up with the lovely Mrs Trash!!!!! We are both feeling a little nervous and I have a feeling our husbands would get on well as they both seem to think we will be waking up in the Far East later this week!!!!

I have lots planned for the Minx and the Monster this week but really have to fit some craftiness in as I'm long overdue on this week's crafty challenge and I know Lucy has hers finished and is desperate to blog about it!!!

I'm now going to finish reading through all your blog posts and then it's an earlyish night so I look bright eyed and bushy tailed for tomorrow's big meet!!

xxxxxxx

9 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Hello Mrs Notgoingtoblogtonight

Didn't think you could stay away!!!

Great to have you back - blogland is always suspiciously quiet when you are not around!

locket x

artisbliss said...

Glad the clear out of your mom's stuff went OK and that you were blessed by seeing your old friend in your old home again. That's heavenly serendipity!

Have fun tomorrow!

Munkeh said...

Have a grand time with the meet-up tomorrow Mrs.

Julie said...

I'm with artisbliss (otherwise known as susan!) Funny how things come together isn't it? Something you were apprehensive about turned into something great. I hope tomorrow is the same.
Hope you didn't get too excited about the non-event of the hairbrush story! lol
Good to have you back. I was missing you but my brain wasn't telling me where you were. Old age!

trash said...

Oh yes! That's right - you go ahead and get lots of lovely sleep ensuring you look all radiant tomorrow while I have had a mass breakout ensuring I look 15 rather than my actual 25!

Monkee Maker said...

Hi Lesley,

I'm glad the weekend went ok for you and oh how I'd have loved to see you and MD doing a Chris and Jane on the ice!

Have fun today with Trash ..... are you giving the carnations a trial run?

:)

Kitty said...

So glad the 'clearing out' went alright- I was thinking about you.

Hope you and Trashy have a wonderful day - I'm sure you will - look forward to reading all about it!

Oh, and Swindon isn't that far from me! x

Jane said...

Glad all went well at the weekend, was thinking of you too. It was like the Marie Celeste at the weekend in blogland! Ice skating sounds very good but i'm sure i'd break a leg. Jane x (craftyconundrum)

Bethany said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend! I was worried, but it seems things always have a way of being better than we expect?... blog hugs!!!