Monday, February 11, 2008

Wanted - one desert island with internet connection

I seem to have a busy week ahead of me all of a sudden and wouldn't you know it I've come over all inspired and want to stay at home and sew!!! Contrary madam :)

This busy-ness started with a dental appointment this morning to check how well my gums are healing. The verdict is -not as well as we'd hoped. I now have to have a whole lot more treatment - ho hum! It's got to be done though so no point bleating about it.

I cheered up immediately when I got back home and found the postman had been and left me something lovely. A couple of weeks ago I signed up for a giveaway being run by the very talented Susan over at Artisbliss who does beautiful mixed media work.

I am now the very proud owner of a stunning artist's postcard made by Susan. My photos do the card no real justice at all. The colours and textures are wonderful and so much work has gone into producing it. There is stamping and embossing, stitching, painting and layering - it's now got pride of place on the shelf above the TV where I keep all my special bits!

Thank you Susan - you made my day :)



I had a little play with my embellisher today. I've got some ideas kicking around in my head and needed to try some things out (as opposed to needing to do the laundry/housework/gardening etc etc!!!).

I got on well until I snapped four needles (£8 worth!!!) and decided to call it a day on this piece.


I then played with the iron and the angelina fibres that Julie sent to me a while ago. They are lovely to use and I want to experiment with them a lot more now. Nothing goes to waste with these fibres as the bits you cut off can be heat bonded back on. I had lots of fun and will use this bit to make something soon. Again the photo doesn't do the fibres any justice at all as they are beautiful colours with lots of shimmer!!


As I now have to fetch the children, including my friend's daughter, feed them, deliver DH and the two beasties to football before going on to a school governor's meeting I had better be off. Whereas really I would much rather stay and play............

xxxxxx

12 comments:

artisbliss said...

So glad you like the postcard. I always hold my breath a bit until what I've sent arrives safely, but it looks just like it did when I packaged it!

Kitty said...

Gosh, what loveliness you've shown us today. Sorry to hear about you needing more treatment - it must be a bit daunting (anything dentisty is, isn't it?)

Hope this evening's meeting goes well. x

Locket Pocket said...

Evenin' Gov. Hope it went well and nobody droned on for too long! Lots of lovely arty fibre work going on today I see - you obviously get loads more done when I'm not on the other end of the phone!!!

Locket xxx

Julie said...

The postcard is beautiful. I love the angel's face.
Is there a dental conspiracy going on? I went today and have to go back next Monday for a whacking great filling! Boohoo! Glad to hear the embellisher won over the housework!

French Knots said...

I hate going to the dentist, probably because the dentist I saw all through my childhood was very rough and shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near a child's mouth!
The embellisher sounds like great fun, if a little high maintenace in the needle department. x

CG said...

Your postcard is lovely...I got one too...aren't we lucky?

Kate North said...

I think it's called Murphy's Law - - if you'd had a week where you had all the time in the world and no committments, I'm sure you would have had artist's block :)

Leigh said...

I am sorry about your dental work!

Your fibers look fab as does your new postcard!!!

Bethany said...

Wow...lots of pretty pictures today! I am all about playing--and no housework! My poor bathroom is crying out to be noticed!!!
I'm sorry to hear about your gums too. Hang in there...it will be worth it, right?!

dottycookie said...

Holy moley, £8 in needles!

It does look like you had lots and lots of fun though ...

weirdbunny said...

Aren't those postcards beautiful. Sorry to hear about snapping £8 worth of needles !

Jane said...

Beautiful postcard, sorry to hear about the dentistry. I have a problem too, but with treatment and patience my gums are much better and still improving.