Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Phew!!! Bloggers are normal and real and here's the proof!!!

WE DID IT.................AND SURVIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Minx, Sausage Monster and I have survived our first blog meet up with the very lovely Trashalou and her beautiful children Princess Curly Wurly and Babyman!! We even returned safe and sound to our respective homes and were not whisked off to some secret kidnappers' hideaway as predicted by our dear husbands :)

The children all got on straight away - much like their lovely mothers :) (that's us, by the way!) and helped by the beautiful Spring sunshine we had a great day out.



Trashy and I compared cameras and I learned some useful tips - I've only had my camera almost a year longer than her after all so how was I to know how the buttons work?

I've also learned a little bit of collagey type stuff in Photoshop Elements - there'll be no stopping me now :)

We have decided that we will meet up again but next time we won't be blogging about it in advance. The reason for this is that the Country Park was soooooooooooo full of folk - all obviously 'our readers' who had descended on the place in the hope of bumping into two famous bloggers - that's us, by the way :)

It had nothing to do with the fact that beautiful weather and half-term have coincided after a long grey Winter. If only you'd been there to witness them all staring and whispering and daring each other to ask for autographs..........

Mrs Trash is every bit as funny as she appears on her blog - Ha Ha ...not peculiar funny, and we found lots in common. Our boys were almost identically dressed and were unable to walk without picking up sticks with which to sword fight. Our girls were both pink and fluffy with a healthy dose of attitude and well developed eye-rolling skills when their silly mothers got toooooo embarassing.

I have to say a big Thank You Trashy for feeding my starving children so well. I underestimated their need for food today (at least you'd have thought so if you'd witnessed their vulture-like picnic behaviour!!) and Trashy's picnic looked much more appealing than ours :) I've never tasted such yummy homemade brownies and her Yummy chocolates really were yummy!!!

We have another picnic tomorrow as we're meeting friends at a local country park. I may have to get up very early to cook brownies and little bite-size pizzas a la Trashcan!!!!

Now I really should carry on reading blogs for a few hours go and spend some time with Moogsdad. Who am I kidding? Google reader here I come.........

19 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Looks like you had a fabby day out - just waiting to see the paparazzi shots in the papers!

Poor old Moogsdad - he's not going to get a look in while Google Reader's around is he?

Rather jealous of your fun day out with Trash, but I'll try to be grown up about it!

Locket xx

the vicious chicken said...

Glad to hear that bloggers are real... but 'normal'? Speak for yourself :o)

Also pleased that the blogging mums and their children all had a nice day. And sorry for being too shy to ask for an autograph: will try to pluck up more courage next time and approach you ;o)
VCxx

Monkee Maker said...

Oooh, loving the collage, and the happy smiley people contained within.

Where are the shots of you and Trash gurning for the camera though??

So glad you all had a lovely day - even if your public did get in the way ....

:)

Thimbleanna said...

Excellent collage! Looks like a great day was had by all. I can't believe it's warm enough there in February to have a picnic -- that's very impressive!

dottycookie said...

Oooh, that looks like such a fun day, and lucky you with the weather - you wouldn't have had much fun in a park here today!

It's good to have you back, and I'm glad you survived the weekend with your sense of humour intact.

Ali said...

Looks like a very good day! Glad I'm not the only one favouring the computer over hubby.

Bethany said...

Can I have your autograph? Just in case you are famous and I can trade it for fabric or something :) I wish I lived nearer (than across the ocean) and we could meet up! I kept "looking" for you in the photos but I didn't "see" you anywhere. Hmmm. maybe you don't really exist..maybe you're a monkee too. One must wonder.

Patti said...

Glad you had a good day.

I'm struggling to get my head around two sets of html and various other bits of code get together in the "real" world.

You mean these blog people are real?!

Jane said...

Glad to hear we are real;) I wish i'd asked you for your autograph hehehe!I hope you have a good week, we're off to Dorset today stopping at Stonehenge (in the fog) Jane x (Craftyconundrum)

Kitty said...

Awwww, so glad you all had a fabtastic time - I knew you would. Isn't it lovely when real imaginary friends meet up? :-D

I love your new photoshop elements skills too - there will be a bloggy tutorial won't there? :-D

x

Lina said...

Glad you had a great time! Great pictures.

artisbliss said...

It's great you had such a wonderful time.

As the saying goes, why be normal? Interesting is much more fun!

Unknown said...

What a great day out - did you wear very large dark glasses, to protect your eyes from all the paparazzi's flashes?

Leigh said...

Oh, what a lovely day you had! The pics are great!

I am glad it went as well as it could going throught you mum's things. You are definitely a strong and talented woman!

Louise said...

This blogging is great for swapping ideas isn't it, and in your case great for swapping brownies and chocolates. Nice to see you all having a great time on your get together. x

marit said...

A great day out- but then you disappeared???

weirdbunny said...

Yes glad you didn't get kidnapped !

Gina said...

Hi Lesley,

I'm back in blogland! (Bit bleary and jetlagged) Have missed you all.

Sounds like you had a brilliant day out at your bloggers date. Trying to catch up with everything that's been going on over the past two weeks.

Gina xx

artisbliss said...

You're not having ISP problems again are you?! Hope not.