Friday, October 12, 2007

Yay, it's F-F-F-Friday!!

As I'm not going out to work just now it surprises me that I can look forward to Friday so much. I love being at home, on my own, during the week. (It's my time, all mine - hahahahaha!!)
I'm even looking forward even more to next Friday and the start of the children's half-term holiday, mainly because we won't have to have that morning rush to be up and out.

My two look shattered at the moment. It seems to have been a long half term for them. Settling in to new classes, new school for the Sos and getting to know new friends. I'm so proud with how they have dealt with all that life has thrown at them this year.

I pulled my finger out and got a bit of sewing done today. Minx has her friend's party tomorrow and I made a little bag and purse to go with the hair accessories we bought for the birthday girl.

The bag is made from the sleeve of a thrifted jumper that had been preshrunk for me :) and some patchwork fabric I have had for simply ages.

Matching purse made from patchwork fabric - I hate making these as I never seem to get the zip and lining quite right. I need lessons!

I hope she likes them. It's difficult with other people's kids as they often seem more streetwise and label driven than my two. Having said that I did make a big fluffy cushion for Minx's best friend who then turned accusingly to her poor mum (who works incredibly hard with mentally ill adults) and said 'Why don't you make me things?' - her Mum saw the funny side thank goodness.

The rippling is going well but no photos today. I've also almost finished the left side of the cabled jacket for Minx - just one more side, two sleeves and the collar and it's done ;) . Of course all I really want to do is make monkees - just like the lovely minty ones over here !

I don't know if I'll be blogging this weekend as DH is taking the bath out to replumb the shower which no longer works due to us changing the boiler - phew! Gonna be a stinky weekend chez Moog.

xxxxxx

6 comments:

Bethany said...

I love the Monkeys!! Can't wait to see the finished knitting! And I hope you have a great weekend!

Kate North said...

Mine are totally shattered too (kids) - especially my littlest who just started reception. I think we all need that week, even though it means I lose some sewing time. But there will be enforced cultural events to make up for the lack of school :) I'm planning a trip to Kew for the Henry Moore sculpture and we have tickets for the Chinese Terracotta Warriors as well... Great bag :)

hannah said...

hello, just found your blog via lucy lockets, dont think i have popped by before. your little presents are lovely, i especially like the bag, and it is so nice to give and receive handmade gifts. will be back to see your crafting progress (i am in awe of people with knitting projects!)

Locket Pocket said...

The bag and purse look lovely and the little girl will be very lucky to receive them! Have a good smelly weekend! Lucy x

Gina said...

The bag and purse are fabulous Lesley. What a very lucky little girl!

Monkee Maker said...

Hi,

Fab bag, and thanks for the minty link! I look forward to seeing what you come up with after spending two whole pounds ..... it's great, isn't it?!

Hope the plumbing will soon be a distant, if smelly, memory :)