Monday, October 8, 2007

Knitted knickers and soft kid gloves

These are the goodies I bought in Salisbury today. We didn't have a great deal of time to look round all the little shops but Lakeland was good and we also found Dinghams Cookshop, which didn't appear huge from outside but went back and back in a series of rooms all full of wonderful kitchenalia. There were things in there I didn't even know I needed!
I was very very restrained and didn't go mad. Miracle ;o)
I couldn't resist these from Lakeland for the Monster's birthday next month. I may do decorated cupcakes instead of a big cake.
As promised, here is the book I picked up at the Autumn Fayre on Saturday. I have no idea how old it is but would imagine it's 1950's at the latest.

It is packed with goodies to make, including lingerie:

Gloves:

and those essentials - knitted underwear!

I asked Minx if she'd like me to knit her some new knickers. The look of abject horror on her little face was priceless LOL!
I think my favourite thing about the book is the illustrations, especially those of babies and children:

There is also a great section on sewing machines which I will be using soon.

Considering I set out to write a craft blog it does seem to have been light on the crafting for the past couple of weeks! I don't seem to have got stuck into anything in particular but have lots of ideas and several projects in the pipeline. It may not be helped by the fact that I've woken up at 4ish every morning for the past week for no apparent reason :o(
I gave myself a talking to tonight and did a couple of hours of cabling on Minx's jacket. I'm almost half way up the left front and am getting into the rhythm a bit more with the pattern.
All your lovely comments are very much appreciated and I am probably spending too much time looking at everyone's blogs instead of getting on with some craftiness myself! I have a feeling I may be painting the hallway tomorrow but will have to fit something creative in somewhere :o)
Here's today's fridge magnet wisdom - thought you might need a fix Lucy!

Love to all you crafty peeps out there xxxxxxxxxxx

7 comments:

Ali said...

Mmmmm - and it's hot pudding season now too.

Bethany said...

Yum! I got your comment on my blog about not reading so many and I responded! You can't stop reading mine because I look forward to it too much!!! ;)
And we all have those weeks...
That book is wonderful! But I agree with Minx-- knitted underwear is going a bit too far!!!

(Angie) Norththreads: said...

thanks for popping by with such kind words! Hot pudding sounds to die for!

Locket Pocket said...

Thank you!
Lucy x

Gina said...

I was worried for a minute when I saw the title of the post... thought you'd been knitting knickers! Can't think of anything worse... Minx is obviously a young lady of excellent taste! Now hot pudding... that's a thought!

Anonymous said...

I have a lovely old Singer too, one of the ones with a handle, they make a super sound when you're sewing.
Knitted kinckers...can you imagine!

turnedlight said...

I love Dinghams too - it's hard not to part with your money in there!