Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mini wardrobe revamp

When your brand new white cotton vest top develops black oil stains......


....and the jeans that still fit your daughter so well look like this at the bottom.....


.....there really is only one course of action.....

.....THE WARDROBE REVAMP!!

First the vest.

A favourite image is chosen from your favourite scrapbook paper.

Scanned into Photoshop.

Enlarged and printed.

Traced onto freezer paper and very carefully cut with a scalpel.

Then ironed onto the offending article....

....and stencilled with fabric paint.


To produce your very own designer t-shirt.


Now for the jeans.

Cut the grotty hems off as far as necessary to remove holey and frayed bits.

Give your daughter the choice of some of your favourite fabrics.

Replace said hems with new flowery ones.....

.....and for good measure add some groovy patches to cover grass-stained knees and pen-marked thighs!


Your daughter will, of course, have her own ideas so hearts may need to be appliqued to the second pair :)

Then you will need to get up at 6.30 on Sunday morning to blog about it!!!

Here are some more freezer paper stencilling links:

1
2
3
4
5

.....and now I need to go through both our wardrobes and do this to all our clothes!!!

I also quite fancy embellishing a bit with embroidery, sequins, seed beads and buttons....

....oh deary deary me....what have I started....

21 comments:

Jodie said...

Love it all - Fantastic ideas Leslie - I especially like that bird.

silverpebble said...

I'm having a bit of a huff. Your crafts are just too marvellous. I want your T-shirt!

Lucky Minx with two new pairs of groovy trews too!

BTW what is freezer paper? Is it the same as baking parchment?

trash said...

Of course you are up at ungodly o'clock blogging. It was what we do!

trash said...

BTW I kept looking for the mini wardrobe.....

Lazylol said...

Fantastic - you are very creative. Where can you buy freezer paper? Will the vest be machine washable? I've really got to try this.

rachelmp said...

Very cute! Great idea Leslie!

monda-loves said...

That t shirt is so cool. I would have loved it if my mum did stuff like this for me.
6am blogging, now that's just crazy talk - I hope that means you'll get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight - although I expect not, as it never really seems to work like that does it!

Monda
x

Locket Pocket said...

Wow Lesley! Those are fantastic!!!! Do you think I could get away with jeans like Minxy's for myself? And I absolutely love that motif on your vest top - can you incorporate Mr Birdy into other things?

Good on you for getting up so early too - I am dreading this morning as we have to go to the Metro Centre (think horrendous huge shopping centre) to buy the little Lockets school shoes - and they all have awkward feet and I think there is only one pair in the whole north-east that might fit Dot!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!

Me xxx

JuliaB said...

OOOOoooooh! I LOVE that stencil ... Now I need a daughter with some wrecked jeans ... I don't think Jimmy would appreciate the hearts and flowers ... xx

wonderwoman said...

love that design - could be the start of a new trend - or a new business venture! quite fancy doing the jeans thing on mine but maybe am a tad too old!
as for blogging early, or really late, thats the only time we usually get to ourselves!
xx

quiltdude said...

Fantastic re-vamp, everything looks brand new again. I adore the bird stencil, the edges are so clean, very clever.
I can see my girls dragging out their scruffy jeans for a make-over now.
X Clare

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

I love the t shirt stencil I would like it for myself never mind my daughter :-)
Lesley x

Jane said...

Wow Lesley amazing crafting I love your birdy t-shirt. where can we buy freezer paper please? Jane x

maria said...

Those jeans look fabulous, mmmm I think I'm a wee bit old to wear some like that.

est said...

it's so lovely!! love the top design! u r superb!! :)

Jennie said...

What brilliant ideas! I might just have to do that to Ellie's jeans anyway, they look so lovely!

artisbliss said...

You are so extremely clever, Mrs. Moog.

Julie said...

I've got a couple pairs of jeans that are too short I shall have to get busy! Clever you, I really like the T-shirt and Minx's jeans are great, especially the hearts. I think you have started 18 (up to me) people revamping their wardrobes too.

Gina said...

Busy trying to catch up with all I've missed this week... just love what you've done to that T shirt and jeans... very clever! Hope you enjoyed the exhibition - the children looked like they had fun.
Gina x

French Knots said...

Love the makeovers! The bird stencil, it looks brilliant. The jeans are fab too, I am a shortie an end up chopping the bottom few inches off jeans, then I use some flowery bias binding to finish them off - would I get away with heart patches too do you think?!

Bethany said...

This is brilliant!!!! I am totally loving that t-shirt!!! And the jeans are just too cute! Anna Maria would totally love them too!!!