Monday, August 25, 2008

It could rain later!

Helloooooooo!!

Only meeeeeeee - back in the land of the living :)

We've just got back from the annual Moog family exodus to north Cornwall.

We had a lovely time with mother-in-law and father-in-law, staying on the farm that we've been to for the past 6 years.

Someone forgot to put in an order for good weather this year but we didn't let that dampen our spirits. How could it with places like this to visit:


Cotehele House and Crackington Haven.


Sandymouth and Widemouth Bay.

There really is nothing we Brits do so well as enjoying a beach whatever the weather. When more sensible folk might stay indoors keeping warm and dry, there we will be, erecting our ineffectual beach shelters, hammering our windbreaks in with huge pebbles and building sandcastles with the rain pouring down our necks, all the while scanning the sky for a tiny hopeful patch of blue.

Perfect :)



Moogsdad spent any free time chatting to the farm residents....



....and soaking up the beautiful view from the pigsty.


Whilst I was taking photos of the handquilted throw on our bed!!

(Don't be fooled by the photo - this bed is nowhere near as comfy as it looks, as my aching back can tell you!!!).

All in all a rather lovely week.....but it is so good to be home in our cosy little castle, with our chickens and the Moog (and a very comfy bed!).



xxxxx

16 comments:

Ali said...

Great photo collages! Welcome home.

Anonymous said...

Writing on Mr silverpebble's PC so I don't wake the baby with my bloggy tippy tapping:

gorgeous photos there - we stayed in a tiny cottage on the Cotehele estate a few years ago - that part of Cornwall is gorgeous isn't it? I do remember proper 10,000 BC-style (and VC-style) giant hornets though - yikes!

Trying to work out what the little circular creatures are - winkles? Fab hermit crab!

Unknown said...

ooh, don't get me started on beds. I would love to open a hotel and have really lovely beds, really lovely pillows - you could choose from a selection, and squishy soft duvets. It's all how it looks, these days - not good old fashioned comfort (I can witter on for hours about bad beds...)

Fab photos though, there's nothing better than a rock pool, I find.

wonderwoman said...

welcome back, lovely photos and certainly looks like you had a great time - but it is sooo nice to come home - i love my bed! hope the chooks are going well.
xx

Jane said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday, shame the sun didn't come out. The quilt on the bed is beautiful even if your back suffered. I have nominated you for an award please visit my blog to collect your award Jane x

Locket Pocket said...

It's fab to have you back - blogland seems rather sane and quiet when you are away! Looks like you had a lovely, if soggy, time - but I'm most interested in the shopping you did!!!! Locket xxxxx

trash said...

You don't have a lot of luck with beds do you? Glad you are back in the land of Blog.

I have been delving through my stash drawer to come up with a suitably post-Olympic handover swatch ;-)

Gina said...

Fabulous photos - sounds like you've had a wonderfyl break. But you were missed - it has seemed awfully quiet in blogland with you gone. Good to have you back.
x x

. said...

Well, you know what they say. There is no bad weather, only the wrong clothes :)

Glad you have a good time.

xMx

Bethany said...

Your photos are really good! I think nothing ever compares with my own bed! What do you do when you leave the chickens? Do you have someone feed them for you? Are there chicken-sitters out there? ;)

Julie said...

Hooray! Welcome back, we missed you, it was sooooooooooo quiet around here! :o) Your photos look marvellous and I'm jealous, but not too jealous cos we go to St Ives in a couple of weeks, can't wait! I hope our beds are comfy - I sympathise there's nothing worse than a bad bed.

Happy homecoming!

JuliaB said...

Oooh! Welcome back, i'm glad to see you back! And Glad you had a lovely holiday. What beautiful pics. I especialy like the beachy ones
x

Thimbleanna said...

Look at the bright side. If it rains lots now, it will be bright and sunny late. Like in October. When it's SO important! Looks like you had a great time -- LOVE your photo collages!

Lina said...

Glad you had a great time - top marks for fab summer photography!

Louise said...

So glad you all had a great time. I would be in my element staying on a farm in Cornwall, two places where I would want to be, even in the wet and wind! I love your mosaic photos, really impressive, I clicked on to enlarge, the photos are a fantastic reminder of your holiday. x

Leanne said...

Great snaps thanks for taking us on another holiday with you...I can remember when we were in England we went to the beach for the day it was freezing(or so I thought) I spent the day sitting on the beach with a candlewick bedspread wrapped around me while the locals swam Brrrrr.