Monday, April 21, 2008

Working girl

Well I did it!!!! I'm back out there in the big, scary real world where real people go to work every day!

As first days go it was pretty good. The team I'm working with are lovely and the work is really interesting - there's even a great website with an interactive house!

I was scheduled to be at the main office from 10am to 2.30pm. The car park charges covered up to 4 hours, or up to 10 hours - as I was expecting to be there for four and half hours I had to pay £7!!!!!!!



We were allowed to go at 1.30 !! Could have got away with the 4 hours parking ticket after all - ack!

I've got lots of stuff to read up on but time has been allowed in my training programme for all of that. Tomorrow is the admin/procedure/form filling-y type stuff and then home for 'research'.

Thank you all for your lovely emails and comments - it means so much to know you're right there with me :)

I was going to post pictures of yesterday's lovely day out in Portsmouth but when I got home from work (how weird does that sound?!!!!) - I found something much more interesting waiting in the post box....


Something with stamps as lovely as that and wrapping as lovely as this.....




.....can only be good, right?

Too right!!

My very lovely and very talented bloggy friend Est has sent me this absolutely beautiful stitched picture....fully framed too - all the way from Malaysia!!



Est recently had a giveaway post to celebrate her one year Bloggyversary. I was one of several very lucky bloggers to be sent a beautiful gift :)

Thank you so much Est - you are so kind and generous and a wonderful craftswoman - I will treasure my picture always!

I'm now going for a quick lurk on your blogs and then an early night for me.....

xxxx

26 comments:

quiltdude said...

So glad to hear your first day has gone well, makes all the nerves worthwhile. Bummer about the parking charges though. Hope the rest of the week runs as smoothly.
Your gift from Malaysia is lovely.

JuliaB said...

Great news on your first day... sounds FASCINATING!! I meant to write yesterday actually to say good luck but then my internet went down grr... Well I have a first day tomorrow, in a cookshop. So am very excited about that! Staff discount is very generous indeed. Will blog soon about it. Just as soon as i've finished baking these cupcakes ..

artisbliss said...

Welcome back to the proletariat, Lesley. I'm glad you got along so well on your first day, despite the parking costs. I'm sure it will be nice having the 2nd income.

the vicious chicken said...

Very glad your first day went well (parking charges notwithstanding, of course) - well done you :o)
VCxx

PS. Please remember that monkeys are not recyclable. Thank you.

Locket Pocket said...

Hey - look at VC with her clever bloggy linky thingy in her comment! Can you do that? I can't!

Well done on your first day back! I'm sure you'll get to like the whole "working" thing soon!

Lovely picture from Est - I'm blogging about mine tomorrow - need to celebrate hubby's promotion tonight!

Locket xxx

Ali said...

Good to hear you enjoyed your first day! And the parking thing? Me too! Do they do it specially to torture us?

Gina said...

So pleased your first day went well (despite car park charges... what a rip off!)
What a lovely surprise parcel to come home to.
xx

Julie said...

Well done on your first day, Lesley. (I'm saying this quietly so's I don't wake you up....) I hope you don't have to pay those car park fees every day, you'll have no money left! The picture from Est is lovely.

Jodie said...

Glad to hear that is has all started well.
How exciting !!!!

marit said...

So glad your day went well:-)
Lovely gift from Malaysia!
Take care.

Leanne said...

Congrats on your first day - the next best day will be first pay cheque woo hooo. Love the cute little bloggy present.

Lina said...

Glad you survived the first day! Hope it doesn't interfere with crafting too much!

Thimbleanna said...

Congratulations Lesley, on your first day out! I hope they're all wonderful and that you don't miss your blogging/crafting time too much. It's bound to be a big adjustment!

Bethany said...

I love that little picture you got!! What a nice surprise for your first day back to work! And speaking for us non-real people out here, we are glad to hear it went so well!! Thank you again for being so sweet today! I hope your day goes just as well tomorrow!

nathalie bearden said...

good luck with going back to work! i love the littl gift you got in the mail!! so cute!!!

Monkee Maker said...

Ahhh, Working Girl .... did you wear your trainers to the office, flirt madly with the Harrison Ford look-a-likey who works there, and show up the Sigourney Weaver-esque bullying boss? No? Shame.

Glad to read that your first day went swimmingly (apart from that parking fee - eek!), and how lovely to have some fab post waiting for you after your "hard day at the office dear".

:)

Ally Jay said...

Big claps for surviving your first day. Pity about the parking charges.

rachelmp said...

I'm glad the first day went well :) Lovely package too!

Kitty said...

Glad to hear the first day went ok - were the crocs and jeans alright? :-D

Am sure you'll soon find your feet (other than in the crocs) and will astound us all with your superb time management skills, along with the gusset skills already so apparent :-D

Take care. xx

Louise said...

Well done Lesley, and the work does sound interesting. They have a very attractive website. I would have liked that job! Will you have to pay parking charges every day though? I will find when I get another job, blogging time will have to be severely cut back! x

dottycookie said...

Go Lesley, go Lesley (you'll have to imagine the dance I'm afraid). I'm glad it was all fine, but what a (*&*&^&*(& about the parking! Ah well, maybe next time.

And how lovely to come home to a parcel of gorgeousness too. Just right!

French Knots said...

Have had a look at your interactive house - surely there should be more than one wine bottle in the fridge!?!
Glad you got off to a good start despite the parking cost.

Jennie said...

I am really pleased your first day went well!
Your parcel is really lovely.
I should have posted you a slice of that Malteser cake in celebration of your new job!!

Jane said...

Pretty picture, glad your first day was good. Hope the rest of the week is good too. Jane x

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Oh fab parcel and beautiful work. Hope your works going well...

Leigh said...

I am so happy to hear your first day went so well! That sure was a lovely giftie to come too!