Wednesday, April 9, 2008

We's back!

A very short post to say hello.....we're back.

It's been a tiring few days at Dad's, as it's pretty full on with him and the kids....and the dog.
Moogsdad was working, so it was just me.

I'm now a bit shattered and have a little pink girl's birthday cake to ice (baked it an hour ago) and a birthday card to make.

We did have a bit of retail therapy while were away. A new shop has opened up at the grotty local high street near Dad's. It's a beautiful little emporium of nick-nacks and girlie gorgeousness called Naquiba - it also does a good line in jewellery for one's various bodily piercings!

I found this:



A tiny cake stand - big enough for a single cupcake - for £5 - I had to have it!

We found these at Sainsbury's. Perfect for my new mini-cakestand :)

I'm now going to work my way through the 149 blog updates in Google Reader, whilst icing a cake and making a card - but most importantly, drinking a lovely glass of red!

Good to be back where I belong :)

xxxxx

16 comments:

JuliaB said...

Oooh what a lovely cake stand! I can't wait to see what you put on it!

Gina said...

Good to have you back... missed you. I've not blogged about anything since Sunday so you don't have to check mine!!!
Lovely cake stand.
Gina xx

Locket Pocket said...

oooooooooohh! it's good to have you back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

But you should be birthday prepping not blogging!

Don't drink too much of the lovely red before you've done everything you need to do!!!!!

Lecture over!

. said...

Good to have you back in the land of blogdom. Glad you had a good time.

I think I adore that cake stand all together too much for my own good. Any why, oh why doesn't my town have a Sainsbury because those cake cases are just gorgeous!

xMx

artisbliss said...

How completely adorable is that! You must photograph it with a cake on top.

Thanks for your lovely post on my blog. We're dealing with things pretty well, being well taken care of.

Bethany said...

Glad you had a good time and are back safe and sound! I LOVE your cupcake stand!!! Cute and very timely... can't wait to see the pics of what you bake!

Kitty said...

Welcome Home ... we-eeelcome ... oops, a Peters and Lee moment there (Crikey a blast from the past or what? :-O )

Very pleased to have you back, and some gorgeous bits there - love those cake cases, might have to visit Sainsbury's myself soon!

x

trash said...

Welcome back Missus. I should imagine after the last few days you probably need that wine!?

Have plans to sneak to your house and steal that rather lovely cake stand. Just warning you.

dottycookie said...

So, what time should we be over for tea?

Lovely to have you back!

Val xxx

Leanne said...

Welcome back - we have missed you - Very cute cake stand and good luck with the catching up on blogs it took me ages when I was away.

Kaz said...

Well I missed you while you were away, but I'm glad you had fun, even if it was tiring.

That cake stand is gorgeous, but I think to see it in all it's glory we need to see a cupcake on it, and to save you from baking another one, I'll let you buy the scrummiest you can find in the shop!

Leigh said...

I love your cupcake stand, great find!

It is nice to havr you back!

Julie said...

Welcome back Lesley, you were missed. :) Sweet little cake stand! Hope the wine's gone down well!

Blossom said...

What a gorgeous cake stand..very VERY CUTE!!!!!!

Monkee Maker said...

It may be nice to be away, but it's always lovely to get home, isn't it?

Couldn't you have gotten us all a mini cake-stand so that we could all have worshipped at the foot of the cupcake?? You could have made a hefty mark-up in your Etsy shop ;)

(although I'd have had no need of those very pretty cake cases .... all my cupcakes come handily pre-made ....)

:)

Louise said...

What a lovely find to pick up in that grotty high street, I hope you have now got over the visit to your Dads? Don't forget to get all those fairy cakes iced too, one for each of your blog friends! x