Saturday, April 26, 2008

The loveliness if bloggers :)

I celebrated completing my first week at work with a rather nice red wine last night. I may have accidentally had one glass too many and have been feeling slightly less than brilliant today!

Still, we've soldiered on and delivered children to various Saturday activities and friends to the airport and have spent the afternoon in the garden.

Moogsdad is still out there, as are the little beasties - Moog and I got too hot and have retired indoors as we are both ladies and as such don't relish getting overheated and sweaty - not that Moogs sweat of course..... but I couldn't say panty could I?!!!

I may be digressing - unlike me.....

Now, here's a thing.

We know, do we not, that there are many wonderful and very generous people out there in the world of crafty bloggage. I've been on the very lovely receiving end of this generosity already this week with my beautiful picture from Est and my surprise fabric bundle from Monda :)

I was quite blown away this morning when:

a) the postman knocked the door before 10am (he's more of a late afternoon postie!)

b) he handed me a parcel that looked like this when I opened it:



....and inside the most beautiful treasures!!! A delicious bundle of Anna Maria Horner's Chocolate Lollipop fabrics - to top up the one's I stupidly used on Minx's Fairy Mary!!


I have to say a huge huge THANK YOU to my lovely bloggy friend from over the pond, Bethany, who sent me these for my birthday :)

Bethany, I love them and I am particularly moved by your lovely act of kindness and friendship as I know you are having a tough time lately and yet you still always think of others. I'm sending you a big(((((hug))))) across the miles!!!

My fabrics were stroked and cooed over for quite some time this morning and have now been safely stashed and will only ever be used for something very special indeed!! (NO more fairies!)


I finally did a bit of sewing last night....and again this morning...and have finished my mini-quilt for my swap partner :)

A very much enlarged sneaky peak:


I have another to make for Mrs Locket as she endeavours to build her wall of quilts.....one or two ideas are starting to form in my muddled mind and I'll get started soon......maybe......eventually.......

Moogsdad has foolishly invited a football buddy of Monster's round here to play tomorrow. Yep, that's Sunday - my day off! It seems I now have to serve up pizza for Sunday lunch.

I don't really mind, as he's a lovely lad and his folks have recently had to cope with a bereavement so I'm sure they'll appreciate a quiet day - and I'll appreciate Monster being occupied and not constantly bickering with Minx!!!!

I'm hoping for good weather so I can shut them in the garden but the man on the telly said 'rain'. My other plan is to leave it all to Moogsdad as he arranged it :)

I'm now going to ignore my family for a little while longer so I can lurk around in Google Reader catching up on your bloggy doings!!!

xxxx

11 comments:

Jane said...

Talking of lovelyness, Thank you so much Lesley for the lovely gift you sent for my birthday. I love it all and the little bear pattern ... is soooooooooooooo cute and i have an excuse to browse the web to find the fabric and notions! Thank you again Hugs and love Jane x

Jennie said...

Ohhh can't wait to see your mini quilt!
Good luck tomorrow, I shall keep my fingers crossed for sunshine!
Well done on your first week of work.

Locket Pocket said...

Wow! What a scrumdiddlyumptious bundle of fabric goodness - you lucky lucky thing! Sorry to hear you got too hot and panty to stay out in the garden. Better than running around "knickered" and shocking everyone (knickered = Fred's pronunciation of naked!)

Good luck for tomorrow - and get on with my mini-quilt tonight you lazy thing - having a job just isn't a good enough excuse!

Locket xxxxx

Julie said...

Beautiful fabrics Lesley. Hope the rain misses you tomorrow! x

Ali said...

Hooray for sunny Saturdays, surprise parcels and too much red wine.

Bethany said...

:) I'm so happy that they made you happy! I laughed because I should be out gardening... we bought some seeds and potting soil this morning. But poor Craig is out there by himself and I'm in here reading blogs!! I'm glad you're having a good weekend. Lots of love from over here!!!

Monkee Maker said...

Oh, what a lovely bundle of gorgeousness from Bethany ... you lucky girl!

And just ignore Lucy ... of course you can't quilt tonight - there's bound to be some of that wine left ... or possibly a whole new bottle ...

;)

ps. Talking of which; is it just me or has Blogger made these word verifications REALLY tricky to do after a couple of glasses ....

artisbliss said...

Very glad to hear from you, Lesley, and happy to hear your first week at work has gone well. I love the new fabrics and I hope the sun shines on you this weekend.

I tried marmeladekiss' mayonnaise recipe and it WORKED!! No flops here! I gave some to my parents who are enjoying it, too.

Little House By The Sea said...

What lovely fabrics, you will have to make something special with them. Or just keep then for looking at and ooooing and ahhing over..

Sarah x

Unknown said...

oooh what a gorgeous parcel from Purl Soho ... you lucky lucky lady!

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

just the kindest of pople out there in blog land...