Monday, June 9, 2008

The non-chihuahua......

We ran away from the housework and chores yesterday.

It was a gorgeous day so we decided to visit Hinton Ampner - a National Trust property not far from here.

The house was gutted by fire in 1960 and subsequently renovated by it's owner. Few of the rooms are open to view but those that are are full of beautiful and very ornate furnishings, ornaments and pictures.

The gardens are stunning and a real tribute to the last owner who made it his life's work to relandscape them.

There's also a very lovely little church within the grounds, with some beautiful stained glass windows.


Moogsdad is rather partial to a bit of topiary so this was right up his street.


The roses were in full bloom and the scent from them was heavenly.


We will be going there again. It will be a lovely place to take a picnic in the summer holidays according to Monster and Minx :)

Onto something crafty then.

More amigurumi.

A very cute chihuahua pattern from here. I couldn't resist him with his little chihuahua nose and his cute little bandana.

It was lovely to crochet.

However, things went awry in the making up and he made a bit of an ass of himself.

Not a chihuahua as it turns out.

No - most definately not.

Baby donkey it is then!!!!




I'm not quite sure what went wrong but once his ears and eyes were on and his head was attached I felt that he still wouldn't be a chihuahua even if I gave him a doggy mouth!

A more donkey-like visage was thus created.

Still, he does make a cute little ass :)

xxxxx

24 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

your ass just keeps getting cuter and cuter!!!!

Bethany said...

Ha! He is adorable!!! I am TRYING to learn to crochet but it's hard to teach myself. Your garden photos are beautiful! I love topiaries too and roses... wish I could be there! Thanks for the congrats to Caroline! She is all smiles!

Munkeh said...

I've made that little "chihuala" (little girl couldn't quite remember the type of dog and "chihuala" is what she came up with). His ears need to be a bit more down the sides of his head - more deer-ish. But he is adorable as a donkey!

artisbliss said...

Some pieces will have a mind of their own, that's for sure. Seems to me you did the only right thing. He's adorable.

Lovely photos of the National Trust property.

trash said...

Nice ass Lesley ;-)

Lina said...

and all that time you were building up to that last comment weren' you?!!!! Cute!

Jane said...

What a cute ass! Your pics of Hinton are lovely, we've never been there but pass it regularly on the way to my parents. We'll have to stop and visit one day. jane x

Mama said...

I've heard tell that chihuahuas really *are* a pain in the ass; so if the chorchet hook fits...

In follow up to LLP's comment:
MUCH better than you ass getting bigger and bigger!

ps: s/he is too cute - fancy copying him into a topiary?

Charlie P said...

Darnit, looks like a lot of people have beaten me to the ass jokes...so instead I will say that that is one ass-tronomical bit of amigurumiing!
No really, he is very cute. I think I prefer him to the chihuaua :)

(note to self: get there faster next time before all the good puns are taken)

Kaz said...

Nice ass!!!

Jennie said...

awww that is so cute!!!

JuliaB said...

Ass-tounding! and definatley not canine ...

x

Gina said...

The donkey was much much cuter than the chihuahua!

Kitty said...

Awww, lovely little donkey. Not quite sure how you got a donkey out of a chihuahua, but I think he's gorgeous. What with Moogsdad's penchant and your talent, you could have a topiary ass in your garden ;-)

x

Julie said...

Your little ass is charming! ;o)

How do you do that thing with the collage? They always look so good on the backgrounds.

Jodie said...

Awesome ass you've got there moogsmum.

silverpebble said...

You can come and Photoshop my ass anytime (sorry - been a bit busy - only the pun dregs are left).

Perfect crochet work - anyone out there do classes (to make asses... and anything else for that matter)? I wouldn't know where to start.

monda-loves said...

moogsmum wins cutest ass competition - by a mile!

Monda
x

Thimbleanna said...

Haha -- very cute little donkey (who has prompted some pretty funny comments btw!) You're so lucky to live near such beautiful places to visit -- how I envy you!!!

dottycookie said...

He is very fab indeed. And, ooooh, get you with your fancy schmancy backgrounds to your photo mosaics. I feel so pedestrian!

Lazylol said...

What a cute little donkey!

Louise said...

The place you visited looks nice, I need no excuse to visit a gardens. We have been having great weather although today it has taken a turn for the worse. Sweet ass, I thought it was a donkey even before I read chihuahua! x

Unknown said...

Donkey's are way better than chihuahuas. And far cuter in my opinion ... in fact the idea of adopting a rescue donkey is pretty high on my list of "things I want to do in my life" .... I think as a small child I was in love with Eeyore!

Ally Jay said...

What a little ass you have, and a very cute one at that.