Friday, June 27, 2008

Life after Potter....

.....is there such a thing?


I did it.


It's taken two weeks of neglected housework, neglected bloggage and reduced verbal communication with Moogsdad and the naughty people.


I have read all seven Harry Potter books back to back.


Last night at 10.57pm I finished book 7 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.


That was one roller coaster ride of a book!


So much so that I woke at 3.30 this morning with the whole thing whizzing round in my head - rather like Harry's dreams of He Who Must Not Be Named!!


I now need to readjust to life beyond the book....



......what to do......twiddles thumbs......fidgets a bit.....puts kettle on......twiddles thumbs while kettle boils as nothing to read........sits down to drink tea.......fidget a bit more as drinking tea sans Potter is pretty boring......wanders round a bit.....I know!! Blogging! Back to my pre-Potter reading matter!


Besides Pottermania and work other things have happened in Moogsville this week.


The postman delivered me a very exciting parcel all the way from Jamaica - my toadstool from my lovely Toadstool Swap partner Dyan.


In fact - make that toadstools! Dyan made me two as one looked lonely :)



They are made from the softest velvety fabric in such lovely subtle colours.



Dyan also included a gorgeous selection of tags - some made by herself and others by a favourite etsy seller.



There were also two very pretty bookmarks.......


..........one of which has seen me through the end of book 6 and all of book 7. So much nicer than my old shopping list as a means of marking my page :)


Thank you so much Dy - I love my toadstools and the tags and bookmarks are fab! It has also been great to find some more lovely bloggers to play bloggage with!!
As I know Dy has received her swap parcel from me I know it's safe to show what I sent - just to prove that vestiges of craftiness are still hanging on here!!



So now I have a whole afternoon to play.


I can feel some sewing coming on but don't yet know what that will involve ......may need another cup of tea and some more thumb twiddling before I get started.....


xxxx



13 comments:

marit said...

Ah yes, life feels a bit empty after finishing Potter! But I assure you- life soon gets back to normal:-)
Cute toadstools, by the way!

the vicious chicken said...

Such heresy!! Drinking tea is never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever boring, even without young Mr HP! Please don't forget that again or I might get quite upset... as might the monkeys.

Thank you.

;o)

VCxx

PS. Super toadstooly goodness, Mrs :o)

Kitty said...

So you've finished ... I can only speak personally, but I was jolly relieved to discover that Snape WAS a good guy. I always knew it, I felt it in my water.

Good to have you back though ;-) x

Gina said...

Gosh - what a marathon reading session! Love all the little toadstools.
Gina x

Locket Pocket said...

It's going to be sooooooooo much easier to talk to you on the phone now that you have finished HP - there was always that slightly distracted tone in your voice before!

Love all the toadstools - especially your keyring and buttons!

Locket xxx

Louise said...

I really love all these toadstools. I might even have a go at making one. You still haven't pursuaded me to enter into the world of Harry Potter! Glad you enjoyed the books though. x

Bethany said...

I have missed you in blogging land!!! I wanted you to do a Kokeshi but figured you were too busy with work and the kids... NO... you were too busy reading!!!!
Okay!--Time to get busy and create again Lesley! I'm having withdrawal from not seeing any of your crafting lately. BTW your mushrooms are great!

Jodie said...

I cried all the way through book 7!

est said...

your embroidered buttons are so cute!! lovely package! :)

silverpebble said...

Wow - a reading feat! I agree with VC though - tea (especially Yorkshire tea) is never dull, even without a top novel.

I love those embroidered buttons - the birdy one looks strangely familiar - reminds me of the little silver bird I just made.

dottycookie said...

All lovely mushroom goodness - and look at you with your buttons! So, you're joining in the next GreetingArts swap, yes?

Dyan said...

Lesley,
So happy you got your little toadstools and loved everything. This was such a fun playalong and I've made a new blog friend.

Ahh, life after Harry, Hermione and Ron, what can I say. Books 2 & 4 are my favourites and I was sad it all came to an end. Good thing for me, they're making the book 6 movie into two movies instead of one - just for us buffs, you know.
Dy

Julie said...

I can't believe you did that! 7 back to back! I am totally impressed, no wonder your brain's buzzing!

Love the toadstools too, they're beautiful, what a great idea.

I've just got back from a week in Austria and (sorry if you're Austrian out there) they cannot make a good cup of tea (it's a British thing). I have been desperate for a lovely brew. I can drink tea anytime, with or without a book. (Oops hope that comment hasn't started an international incident!)