Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Funny ha ha or funny peculiar?

I've had an award!!!

I've hardly been here lately......but I've had an award!!

The very lovely Louise has given me this fabulous award dahling....because I make her laugh!

Thank you so much Louise - getting the award from you really made my day :)



I haven't felt like a bundle of laughs lately but, lucky for me, Ruby Monkee helped to cheer things up last week!

In the true nature of the Blog Awards thing I would like to pass this award on to a few barmy bloggers who make me laugh on a very regular basis:

Lucy Locket - no surprises there then ;) - however, this woman not only causes me to chuckle 'en blog' but also in real life, on the phone nearly every day! I'm not going to harp on about what a crubbish year I had since Mum died but I really feel it would have been much tougher had the lovely Mrs Locket not been there to make me chortle - cheers Lucy :)

Trashy - for her hilltop antipodean rantings and for her sterling work in promoting the work of her A.R.S.E.....and for being a rather lovely and very funny hooman bean :)

Monkee Maker - this woman has done so much for the world in bringing very funny primates made of knit to our attention and for cheering up the dullest of days. Although officially on a blogrest right now, I still felt an award was wholly justified :)

Vicious Chicken - nobody that young should be that funny but she is and as such deserves an award. And she makes great Brussels Sprout Christmas cards :)

Blimey, it reads like the 'Usual Suspects' doesn't it?!!

'Blog incest' alive and well in Moogsville :)

Talking of incest......one of the places I cover for work is, apparently/allegedly, one of the UK 'hotspots' for incest......nice :)

I won't go on.....don't want to do anything in bad taste! I was going to but then erred on the side of caution!!!!

To make sure I end on a funny note (feeling the pressure to amuse now!!!) here's something that Monkee Maker, in particular, might like :)

16 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Thank you so much for my award Lesley! I really appreciate it although I'm never quite sure whether you are laughing with me or at me!!!!! Only kidding, having you as my wonderful imaginary friend has made this last year so much fun - thank you!

Still sewing stupid bags so I'd better keep going!

Lucy xxx

trash said...

that rabbit thing is soooooo funny - I shall show to Babyman just now. Thanks for the award. Do I really rant?

Kitty said...

When I clicked on the linky, I wondered if I was going to see a video of something funny, but instead it was a funny picture. ;-D

Congratulations on the awardage: much deserved.

I miss MM :-( Hope she's not gone too long.

x

Unknown said...

an award well deserved, methinks.
I just saw a rather fabulous mini quilt made by your fair hands and now in far away finland....LOVE IT!!! (am more than a tad jealous)

Charlie P said...

*clap clap clap* well done, blog comediennes- I thoroughly agree with your choices :)

...and I always thought Norfolk was the incest hotspot of the UK...better stay away from Gosport :S

I live near the ferret capital of the UK, have visited the unicycle capital of Germany and was lucky enough to be allocated a uni hall of residence right next to a dogging hotspot (although I'm still not entirely sure what that involves)...ask VC and MM...they live near it!

dottycookie said...

I think you should start the society for barmy bloggers. I shall make pompoms and cheer you on from the sidelines.

Congrats on the award!

Bethany said...

I hope Monkee Maker liked that last link, because I'm laughing!!! What would I do without all of you??! Definitely not be almost peeing my pants whenever I read your funny blogs!!!

Jane said...

Congratulations on your award Lesley, and well done to your three comediene's. Loved the funny rabbit picture. Jane x

the vicious chicken said...

Thank you for the award, Lesley! 'Tis much appreciated :o) Right back at you with the sentiment, though - a much deserved award for you, I think.
VCxx

PS. in response to Charlie: dogging... hmmm... isn't that just when you go out walking the dog? No?? Oh...

Anonymous said...

Hi new to your blog and think it is fab, BUT you cant just leave a sentence like that about an incestuous part of the world without saying where it is??????????? Not fair Congrats on the award from what i can see well deserved

Leanne said...

You deserve the award......congrats

quiltygal said...

OOOHHHH I lived for 17 yrs in Gosport before coming to Aus all What kind of work do you do???that you know that info???

artisbliss said...

You are quite the most amusing blog I read, so I think the award is totally appropriate.

Louise said...

More funny ha ha I would say! I didn't know about the place in Hampshire, I shall not name and shame though. My friend sent me that picture of the chocolate bunnies, what a coincidence. I am always in a dilemma which bit to eat first, most times I leave the head until last, seems the most humane of doing it. x

Gina said...

Blimey... my brother used to live in Gosport but I would like to point out that I lived many miles away at the time!!!
Can't think of anyone better to get a "You make me laugh award" because you make me laugh all the time.

Ally Jay said...

It's great that there are so many bloggers out there making life a bit less serious. Long may the laughter continue.