Saturday, May 3, 2008

Diddy doings

I seem to have got to the end of week two at work remarkably quickly! I'm sure I blinked on Monday and when I opened my eyes it was Friday!!

There have been some little crafty bits going on, so I'm feeling relatively sane :)

As a crafter who likes to start and finish most things in one go, I didn't want to start anything that would not produce an end result nice and quickly. Mainly because I'm impatient and can't be bothered to keep tidying up after myself!

After Henrietta chicken I decided to have another go at needlefelting. So here's Terence Tortoise (soooo original!) - he's visually challenged at the moment but I hope to remedy that today!

I'll be giving him to my sister-in-law as it's her birthday soon and she has two real live tortoises to keep Terence company.

I've managed a bit of sewing too. I'd promised Lucy Locket a contribution to her (fast growing!) wall of quilts. Here are some blurry tiny sneaky peaks....




I'm hoping some craftiness will sneak into this weekend. I may have to bite the bullet and cast on some knitting!

We're delivering the beasties to various activities and parties today and then tomorrow we're driving up to Birmingham for the day to take my Dad out for a birthday lunch. At least we have Bank Holiday Monday off to recover!!!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend :)

xxxxx

p.s. I've just realised this is actually a pretty boring post today so how about this.

I can do that.

Well, that's not strictly true.

I could probably do this, though!

21 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Oooh ooooh ooooooooooooh! I want to see more! Is it in the post yet? Is it? Is it??????

As for Terence - don't give him to your SIL give it to me so I can give it to my BIG sister to make up for not sending her a birthday present or even a card last Saturday!

Have a good day!

Locket x

Unknown said...

ooooohhhh, sneaky peeks are looking fab.

I love henrietta, and terence is just as cute. Clever clogs!!!

trash said...

Sneaky peeks very exciting. Feeling just a little bit pressured b/c you are all so clever and so good.

To alleviate my frustration I shall go and take part in a little urban-running I think. Yes, that will do it!

artisbliss said...

Terence is gorgeous. I need a tutorial on making tortoises & chickens.

Monkee Maker said...

Ooh, your sneaky peeks look intriguing and Terence is very cute.

I'm massively impressed if you could do all that activity on the second link .... I couldn't even do that!

:)

Bethany said...

I am totally cracking up at the parkour clips!!! That girl is hilarious! You're getting really good at needle-felting. Have you seen Jenn Docherty's needle felted animals? (that sell out immediately for lots of money?!) You have lots of interesting things going on there! Lucky Lucy! Show us when it's done!

Julie said...

I like the look of your button box underneath Terence! Enjoyed the sneaky peaks!
Have a good trip to Birmingham.

monda-loves said...

I laughed so much (I nearly wee'd) at the thought of moogsmum free running - I imagine you free running and crafting simultaneously though - running up and wall whilst needle felting for example. lol.

Terence is great - I hope he wasn't blind for too long :o)

Monda
x

Jennie said...

I am liking Terrence, he is very cute!!
I do that free running jumping onto buildings stuff all the time (in my dreams, even the girl made me feel tired).

Leanne said...

Terrence is very cute. It amazes me you have time to research utube, work, craft, be a mum is there no end to your talents.

Mrs Moog said...

Hey Monda - I've tried free running whilst needle felting but it wasn't a success.
I broke my needle several times and came away with a few painful stabbing injuries.
Knitting and free running don't work either. I may try macrame as it doesn't involve anything sharp.




Actually that's all lies.

My botton likes gravity far too much to enable me to ever make it as a free runner.

I can dream though....

Mrs Moog said...

I meant bottom, of course!

quiltdude said...

Ha, ha, love the free running clips, very good. Far to energetic for me though, I was tired out just watching them.
Love Terence, he's so cute.
Good to hear the job is going ok, well fast at least.
Clarex

Kaz said...

Well I can't even do the second version so I am in awe.

Love that tortoise, you are too clever.

Gina said...

Not at all boring... love Terence and sneaky peaks look interesting... but I did laugh at that last video clip most of all!

Angela said...

Terence and Henrietta are great so cute.

Unknown said...

I LOVE Terence ... fabulous - I really want to learn how to needle felt.

Jane said...

Thankyou for the laughter, i needed that. hope you had a good weekend Jane x

Louise said...

Have you recovered from a visit to your dad and a weekend of free running (I couldn't believe those clips)! Do the council know you get up to this sort of thing? x

Mama said...

Dude! You could SOOOOOO toootally do "this"!!

ps: love the turtle : )

Thimbleanna said...

Hey, your needle felting is looking pretty cool. And Lucy's little sneaky peeks are REALLY looking cool -- can't wait to see the whole thing!