Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Small beginnings

It's taken me six months of stalking other, quite fantastic, craft blogs to finally pluck up the courage to go for it and start one of my own! So hello out there in Blogland - can anyone hear me?

I was lucky to grow up with a very creative Mum who had tonnes of patience and passed on so many skills to me. I can hardly believe it but my beautiful Mum passed away on 31st May this year after a short and distressing battle with a brain tumour. The torch has now passed to me to make sure my own children learn to enjoy their creativity the way I did from my own Mum.

Since finishing work at Easter I have filled my days with sewing, knitting, teaching myself crochet, baking, scrapbooking and am fast becoming an obsessive thrift shopper! As funds are short I'm trying to do my sewing using pre-loved fabrics found in charity shops which I mostly turn into handbags like this one:
My next step will be to set up an etsy shop to sell some of my bags as the house is overflowing!
As the kids have gone back to school this week my mind is buzzing with projects. Not least organizing my stash and having a major clear out - in the meantime I may just squeeze in an hour scouring the local charity shops before fetching them from school ;)

2 comments:

beki said...

Welcome to blogging! Your bag is so cute, I really love the fabric you used for it.
I'm very sorry to hear about your mom, but good for you for carrying on the crafting torch. Hopefully your time creating will be both healing and therapeutic for you.

Anna Maria Parry said...

Hello! I hear you and welcome :)
xo,AM