Friday, September 14, 2007

Purple cauliflower update

Before I head off for the weekend I thought you might like a wierd food update!
The purple cauliflower did not change colour during cooking. I teamed it with its white cousin - which it turned lilac! I'm amazed to say everyone ate it quite happily and Minx declared it better than normal cauliflower - DH has just said the photo looks like entrails - nice ;p
Purple cheese sauce is a sight to behold LOL. I feel maybe this vegetable would be better served as a side veg without the sauce!

and if you thought that was bad just look at the colour it turned the water in the bottom of the steamer!!!



Yup, it really is deep turquoise. Bon apetit!

2 comments:

Willow said...

maybe you could try dyeing some wool and see if it dyes up turquoise. how cool would that be?

Bethany said...

I was just thinking the same thing as "willow"! I know they use cabbage to dye things!