Friday, September 14, 2007

How very dare she!

Good afternoon, my name is Charles and I am not a (shudder) 'quirky cat' but, as you can see, a rather dashing Siamese, with a penchant for a well-pressed trouser and bow-tie. There was no way I was going to be consigned to the 'didn't quite make it' pile, I can tell you. Amazing what effect an hour or two of yowling in the wee small hours can achieve ;o)
My Siamese name is Channarong, meaning - of course- 'Experienced Warrior', which explains why I have one leg shorter than the other. Old war wound you know. Rather not go into detail. Attracts the ladies like you wouldn't believe.

I've yet to meet my new friend, the young master of the house. He gave the woman strict orders to take me to meet him from school this afternoon. Glad to see the men are in charge around here. Quite right too. I shall be showing that 'Moog' who's boss quicksmart.

Mmmmmm.....

Well there you go. I buckled to pressure (thanks for the extra push Bethany!) and did actually finish the bow-legged cat :o) It's not like I have housework or a major pile of ironing to do. DH is so incredibly tolerant of my need to create rather than clean. I do butter him up with a bit of homebaking which helps!

I called into the farmshop this morning to get a few veggies for the weekend and they had these amazing purple cauliflowers. I couldn't resist. What a fantastic colour. I'm really interested to see if it changes colour when I cook it tonight. I sort of hope it does 'cos it'll be the strangest looking cauliflower cheese otherwise LOL.



DH thought I'd dyed it ;p

Can't wait to see what the kids make of it too.

I'm trying very hard to stick to a tight budget on groceries at the moment and it seems so are a lot of other bloggers. Mollycoddle has compiled a great list on 'How to Save Money on Groceries' which I have now got stuck to my fridge door. We're cutting right back on meat and having more veggie based meals. Luckily my two will eat most things and are always up for trying new stuff. I do go in for a bit of veggie disguising if I know they really will not eat it tho'.

I won't be blogging for a couple of days as I'm off to the NEC in Birmingham for the Needlecraft Show (can't remember it's proper title). It's the first time I've been and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be looking for some needle felting supplies as I'd love to give it a go. I imagine I may also come home with one or two bits of fabric and lots of ideas for new things to make or do :o)

Right now I've just got to go and pop a loaf of bread in the oven - my attempt at making them all feel cherished before I buzz off for a weekend of me-time. Have a great weekend out there in blogland you guys xx

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Hee hee hee.. I'm laughing out loud at your funny story!! I'm so happy you saved him :)) He looks great and I love that he's Siamese... you don't see that too often. Have fun at the fair! I haven't ordered needle felting supplies yet, but want to soon. I am expecting a package of fabric, so another sewing project is on the way! Hope your cauliflower is good and thanks for the link!

(Angie) Norththreads: said...

Oh he IS precious!!!!!!!
~cheers~
Angie

Mrs Moog said...

Thanks for your lovely comments - hope you have a lovely weekend.
Lxx