Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May? 2012?

I blame Lucy Locket to be honest. Actually, that's not entirely true - I blame Trashy.

I was happily plodding along, doing all the usual stuff, kidding myself it really wasn't that long since I'd blogged and that actually it was only January....or at least it wasn't that long since Christmas and then WHAM! this morning Trashy sent me a text asking me if I'd read Locket's blog.

I hadn't but of course I had to go and look and all of a sudden felt a rush of longing for my blog and more particularly for everyone else's blogs. Locket's been keeping me up to date with her doings via text and Ravelry but I'm sorry to say I haven't read anyone's blog for months and months - apart from Yarn Harlot's and I've decided that doesn't count as she's not one of my blogging friends, although if she invited me round for coffee and knitting I wouldn't say no.

Life here has been going on as normal. We've dealt with the selling of my Dad's house. It's just over a year since he died and seems like a few weeks and forever, all at the same time. I'm not going to analyse why I haven't blogged because after all, blogging isn't compulsory but I've been feeling the urge to get back out there for a while.

I've done stacks and stacks of knitting since November, when I last posted here, including ten pairs of socks, some mittens, two cardigans for Minx and all sorts of other bits and pieces.


I've spent more time than is healthy on Ravelry and have just found myself sucked back into Facebook, thanks to Slimming World - trying to keep myself motivated by going on my group's Facebook page as I've decided spending ten months losing the same 5lbs is nothing short of ridiculous!

Merlin Moog is a big big boy now. Very cuddly, loads of fun and more than a bit naughty! He's terrified of cars and nothing we do seems to help. He goes bonkers if you say 'Cats!' 'Squirrels!' or 'Carol!' (thanks to the lovely Carol Kirkwood on BBC Breakfast). He adores Match of the Day, and Born Free and when he stayed with the in-laws at Easter he developed a love of Cash In The Attic!! His latest habit is to stand in front of the TV asking someone to switch it on for him.
I'm currently in danger of developing another new crafty obsession, thanks to going to an Introduction to Handspinning workshop last week. I'd already been trying to teach myself to use a drop spindle at home, with varying degrees of success but at the workshop I used a spinning wheel and fell totally in love!!! It was all I could do to stop myself rushing home and ordering one!

I've since joined the UKSpinners group on Ravelry, where I've done loads of reading and lurking as I get to know this new craft. I've also 'met' a lovely spinner in the group who just happens to live about a mile away from me! We've agreed to meet up soon and in June I'm going along to my local group of the Guild of Spinners, Weavers and Dyers - which will no doubt result in me needing a loom and a dyeing studio too :o)

For now, I'll leave you with a photo of Mr Moog and the beasties at the Rock of Cashiel, in Co Tipperary on our recent holiday in Ireland - our first time there but definitely not our last. More Ireland photos and possibly even some spinning next time!

Happy spinning :o)

xxxx

11 comments:

dottycookie said...

OK, that's freaky. I was thinking of you only this morning and had it on my to do list to email you. I am so pleased to see you and Lucy here again. I lost the blog bug for a while too but am trying to get back into it a bit more regularly - it used to be such fun and I miss it. And I have missed you!

Gina said...

Gosh... nearly fell off my chair but SO good to see you back as I too had been thinking of you recently. missed you. I'd noticed you appearing on Facebook in the past week!

French Knots said...

Good to see you Mrs Moog! I think a few us have slowed down on the blogging front but it's good to see what you've been up to x

dragonfly said...

It seems we are all slowly getting our blogging mojos back! Good stuff!

Daisie said...

Can't believe how big Merlin has got?!
Glad you had a lovely holiday, good to see you back in blogland x

Quinn said...

Woohoo! Is the tide turning? Does this signal a resurgence of my favorite UK bloggers?? Oh, I do hope so!
Now, fingers crossed for a word from Michaela! :)

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, I love that you guys are all getting your blogging mojos back -- it's so good to see you here again. You've been missed! It looks like you've been good and busy anyway -- that's a lot of knitting!

Chris said...

Love the mittens - is there a pattern?

Merlin has grown! Our collie Berry (8 mths) is terrified of cars too (& joggers, bikes, horses, wheelie bins...!)

Chris x

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Welcome back...nice to read your news and hear how Merlin is doing :o)

Angela said...

Blimey doesn't time fly, it's good to have you back.Love the mittens.

Locket Pocket said...

Hooray you're back at last!!! Now don't run away again because you know I know where to find you and nag you to blog ! Mwahaha!

I vote that we get to see more photos of your Emerald Isle holiday!

Me xxx