Sunday, November 27, 2011

Worth it

Oh goodness me - I really had no intention of taking such a prolonged break from blogging. I've missed reading your blogs. It seems strange not to know what you're all up to.

I couldn't quite work out what was keeping me away until I realised I'd convinced myself I couldn't just blog for blogging's sake. I felt I needed something worth writing about rather than just my usual show and tell of all my latest knitting projects.

I've spent simply HOURS on Ravelry just lately and I suppose because I'm always updating my projects pages over there it felt like more of the same if I did yet another knitting post on my blog. There has been a LOT of knitting. My knitting mojo returned with avengeance after it's summer hiatus.

Since I last blogged I've knit:
1 cardigan - for me
1 hat
5 pairs socks
4 pairs mittens
3 crocheted shawls - from the super easy super gorgeous Flying Diamonds shawl pattern


and on the needles right now are two more pairs of socks and a cardi for Minx.

So knitting is very much back.

Knitting is also the reason I finally felt I had something exciting to blog about. Just a few minutes ago I became a knitwear designer. Oh yes indeedy. I'm now officially a published designer dahling.

If you would like to help yourself to my free Misty Morning Mitts pattern, you can do so right now over on Ravelry.


Happy knitting!

Moogs xxx

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well congratulations on your newly published pattern - those mitts look so snuggly warm.

I totally love the flying diamonds shawl - gorgeous!

You don't need a reason to blog - it's chatting with friends and we don't need an excuse to do that lol.

Keep up the knitting goodness!

Love Shell x

dottycookie said...

Helloeee! I'm glad you're back. I know what you mean about losing the urge to blog but it is fun when you start again.

Lovely knits, and lovely mitts! Will you still talk to us now you're famous?

Locket Pocket said...

Oh I am so proud to have a knitwear designer for a friend!! It's good to have you back in blogland Missus - although we hang out on Ravelry, I miss you here. I love the name of your new mitts - do you think my Noro blossom would be the same sort of weight? Locket xxx

French Knots said...

So pleased to be able to say I know the famous designer Mrs Moog! And it's a wonder you have time for anything else like sleeping or working with that amazing knitting output :)x

Ali said...

How mahhhhhvellous dahhhhhling - am off to Ravelry straight away!

Quinn said...

Very pretty shawl! And I am VERY impressed that you have become a designer! Thank you for making your mitt pattern available on rav :)
At the risk of sounding selfish...I hope you won't hold off on posting until you've created your next design. I miss hearing from you!

Lina said...

Wow! An impressive list and great knitting I see. I could do with some of your knitting mojo. I have had a pair of socks on the go since June, the last sock has about 10 rows to go but I just can't seem to get the bloomin' things finished.

Angela said...

Wow I think that's what you call busy. Congratulations on becoming a knitwear designer, the mittens look lovely.

Thimbleanna said...

Holy Cow Woman! That's a TON of knitting! I'm lucky if I get one pair of socks done a year -- and I can't even tell you how long I've been working on my cardigan (oh, so close to being finished!) CONGRATULATIONS on your pattern -- you go girl!!!

wonderwoman said...

wow, that is some knitting!!!! i love your designer gloves, gawjus!!!! xxx