Monday, May 28, 2012

Victoria and Chuncho

Two new additions have joined the Moog household.

First, I'd like to introduce you to my beautiful new friend Victoria, who came to me from another Ravelry user, who sadly found her treadles to be too gentle for her poorly legs and decided to rehome her.

Here she is - Victoria Moog.


Isn't she a pretty girl? She's tiny, sweet and quick and takes a bit of keeping up with and so far this is nearly all we've had time for...

This is Shetland Moorit wool - very soft and lovely to spin. I've acquired a little stash of undyed fibres to practice on as they were so much cheaper than the pretty dyed ones and as a beginner I can whizz through that stuff at quite a rate without necessarily getting usable yarn as a result!

Next, I want to introduce you to Chuncho.


Off the needles today and they only took three months and one week to knit!

That's not strictly true as I wasn't actually knitting them for three months and one week. I cast on and knit the cuff on sock 1 then distracted myself from the scary colourwork by casting on something new. Then I came back to Chuncho and got past the heel on sock 1 before I got distracted again. With sock 1 finished (after over two and a half months) I got cracking on sock 2 for a couple of days and was really making progress before I ignored them in favour of playing with my new friend (see above) - I was also trying to ignore the fact that I was scared of doing that chequerboard heel again. This weekend I decided enough was enough so I put my big girl panties on and made myself knit and knit and knit until they were done. Finished. Complete. Not sure if I dare wear them after all that work - might frame them instead.

I have decided that if I do wear them it'll be in a very British way indeed, with open toed sandals - flashing my Chunchos for all the world to see!

Moogs xxx

p.s. this pesky comments thing, where some of you are unable to leave a comment - I've tried letting Blogger know again but doubt I'll get any response. I have found what I hope is a useful troubleshooting guide and have made the changes suggested. If that doesn't work you might need to check you have 3rd Party Cookies enabled on your security settings - here's a link to how to do it.
If that fails I have to do something very scary by backing up my blog (somehow) then setting the whole thing up again from scratch - gulp!

15 comments:

Carol Q said...

oh boy - do I neeeeed some Chuncho's!! they are gorgeous

Dawn said...

Wow those Chuncho's are amazing!

Hello Victoria, I've been looking forward to seeing a picture of you, have fun getting to know each other ;-)

Locket Pocket said...

I can see your blog for once - and I can leave a comment too! Victoria Moog looks lovely and scary and your Chunchos look incredibly scary but lovely too! Must remind myself how to knit - I seem to have forgotten that skill lately! Locket xx

Calidore said...

Ohh both are very nice. Love the pattern on the socks. You were very brave - I haven't ventured down the pattern road yet and am not sure I want to....vbg. The spinning wheel is amazing. From what the ladies in my spinning group tell me double treadle wheels are the way to go. Can't wait to see what you produce on it.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow. Oh WOW!!!! Those socks are STUNNING!!! I sure wish you were here to help me with color changes. I just did a checkerboard heel and it looks like doo-doo!

Jodie said...

I would not be wearing those socks ever !!! I'd be framing them and hanging them in a gallery for people to pay you squillions of dollars to look at them.
It baffles me completely that you could knit all those teensy little pictures.Are you sure it wasn't magic?

Julie said...

Fabulous socks and in that position they remind me of Mary Poppins (the bit where she stands with her feet turned out. Sorry I think I've lost it!) I will hit the button and see if I publish!

Julie said...

Woo hoo! it worked! :-)

Daisie said...

They are truly the most amazing socks I have EVER seen!! x

wonderwoman said...

those socks certainly need to be worn at least once and then maybe framed! XXXX

Annie said...

Welcome to Victoria ... Spinning is fun

Kitty said...

Just love those Chuncho's. You are a clever Mrs Moog. x

Leanne said...

Victoria is very sweet and I expect you will become great friends. I am sure backing up your blog and starting again is much more scarey than knitting another pair of Chunchos. They are magnificent.

Anonymous said...

I'd frame them and display prominently!
Pam

silverpebble said...

I can leave a comment! I can leave a comment!*does a bloggy dance* I can see llamas in those socks. This makes me incredibly happy. They are amazing.