Sunday, December 14, 2008

A lie in? I'd rather blog...

Silly me.

I imagined I would do this post two days ago.

Someone stole those two days from under my nose - which is why I am here at Silly O'clock on a Sunday morning instead!

First off I have to say a big Thank You to Kitty for this lovely award. Just in case you haven't got your reading glasses on, it's a 'Gift of the Gab' award .....who me? I'm sure I don't know what you mean Kitty ;-)....but thank you anyway!



I also have another big Thank You for a lovely blogger who I am just getting to 'know' - Thank You Joanne :-)
I do love the bloggy 'tradition' of awards...but I'm not very good at passing them on. Not because I don't want to - just because I really don't want to leave any of you out!!
So this is how I tend to do it. If you read my blog, either as a commenter or a lurker, or if I leave comments on yours, then please have an award on me :-)

For all of you who did such a good job of soothing my battered ego, two posts back, THANK YOU so much!! My heart was truly warmed by your lovely comments and my ego is feeling much less bruised.

Now, I'm sure you're all simply dying to know what I've been doing this week.....and who am I to disappoint?

We decorated our Christmas tree on Monday. We have a real tree this year, for the first time in three years.

My friend runs a wonderful horticultural project for Mind and she told me they were getting some trees in. We chose a gorgeous little tree in a pot so that we can put it in the garden after Christmas....note to self: don't forget to water it!

This year dressing the tree was a most enjoyable experience.

The reason why is obvious.

Gorgeous new decorations from my gorgeous bloggy friends :-)


L to R : Ali's wreath, Gina's angel and Twiggy's star


I'm also the lucky owner of two of Monda's gorgeous trees - I was sooo excited when I found she still had a couple in her shop, just waiting for me.




My Christmas tree makes me smile every time I look at it, thanks to my very special decorations that will be loved and treasured for many years to come.


Thanks to your support, I decided not to let certain people put me off making handmade gifts.

Minxie had (another!) party to go to yesterday (in fact she's still there for a 'Stayawake-over'). The birthday girl has already had one of my bag and purse combos so I had to come up with something new.

My favourite fairy story when I was small was 'The Princess and the Pea'.


What every Princess needs to help her have sweet dreams is a lavender pillow right?


I'm delighted to say that this little Princess's Mum told me she loves the cushion and she was so pleased to have such a special gift :-) Can you tell I was mentally sticking my tongue out at a certain person when I heard that?!

I wanted to leave you with a really special treat.
Moog doing what she does best.


Making the sofa hairy!

xxxxx

18 comments:

Jodie said...

LOL ! My son had a stayawakeover last night and is as grumpy as hell today....Glad you are not letting "herself" stop your handmade enjoyment.

Kitty said...

I'm a horrid mum, I don't allow stay-awake-overs in term-time. They make my smalls more grumpy than small grumpy things!!

Your makes are ALWAYS lovely, no matter what a certain someone else might think ;-) Perhaps she needs to realise she's in a minority, and not an authority, eh? :-D

You're welcome to the gabby award - it takes one to know one :-p

x

Locket Pocket said...

That photo of the Moog is just priceless - I love the way she has her head resting on, and no doubt truly appreciating, your beautiful "home-made" cushion!!!!!

That Princess and the Pea cushion is fabulous! And as for Christmas tree decorations, I have one here for you that I bought weeks ago - must remember to post it BEFORE Christmas!!!!

Me xxxx

trash said...

You tell 'her' girl!

My poor boys are following whoever moves b/c there are bags being packed and a general air of change in the house - it's not their favourite.

silverpebble said...

Oof, lovely decorations there and that Princess and the Pea cushion is fabulous.

Bless Moog - she always makes me smile. She looks very relaxed indeed.

Thanks for the tip on HFW - will tune in on Weds instead.

Emma x

Anonymous said...

I love that pillow. I made my friends eldest a puppet theatre and apparently it is still her favourite present. Hand made presents are always the best ones, obviously some people need to shut up. We made christmas decorations this year following marmadaisys christmas bauble tutorial. A huge success

Julie said...

How sweet is your gorgeous Moog?!

I think any princess would be delighted with your beautiful cushion. The fabric is lovely and so is the very pretty Princess.

wonderwoman said...

i just love that cushion, its gorgeous! what a lucky little girl!

and Moog looks sooo very happy with life!

xx

Munkeh said...

Come visit my blog - there is a giveaway!

Anonymous said...

I just read the evilSIL post, and had to add my bit. Many years ago I crocheted a shawl for my SIL out of gorgeous sea-blue-green mohair yarn (that I couldn't really afford, but I thought she'd love it). Her response, by mail "Thanks for the shawl. What a color." Maybe I'm sensitive, but I read it as "wherever did you find such hideous yarn?"
On the flip side, I've embarrassed myself to death at 2 other SIL's homes by picking up a piece of pottery and saying "This is really pretty. Where did you get it?" and being told I had sent it to them for Christmas a number of years ago. I only threw pots for a short time and had sent the best ones as presents, and I honestly didn't remember them, since the ones I kept weren't nearly as nice!
As for your things, I look forward to seeing what you've been making, and especially love the gifts you make for your children's friends. I think your response to the bovine person was perfect!
Kate

Thimbleanna said...

Good for you -- you're making gifties anyway! Love all your decorations -- you lucky, well deserving, girl!

Kaz said...

I'm poking my tongue out again at that previous post as that cushion is gorgeous. And I love those decorations.

But my most fave picture this time is the Moog. Aaww she looks so very comfy. All she needs now is a blanket. Haha.

monda-loves said...

ooh these decs are rather nice aren't they. Nothing like a bit of self appreciation is there! Thanks for blogging them :o)

Your moog is lovely - she looks very happy there leaving hair on the sofa.

Monda
x

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

lovely post.... lovely goodies, lovely lovely lovely... did I say lovely....
Must not drink mulled wine in the day (only kidding!)

artisbliss said...

Lovely and well deserved awards, great little Christmas tree ornaments, and a fabulous gift pillow. Does the Minx know how lucky she is to have a mother who can turn out such loveliness?

I'll put my snoozy cats up against your sleepy pooch in a snoring contest any day!

Anonymous said...

Many congrats on the awards and scoring such lovely Christmas decorations.

I missed the SiL post but I simply can't believe that anyone wouldn't appreciate your gorgeous makes .... and I'm qualified to judge as I have a few myself!

Did you book a room at that hotel yet? It sounds fab from the write-up!

:)

est said...

you totally deserved all the great awards!! :) love the cushion too! :)

Leanne said...

Love the Xmas trees...how sweet does moog look..... we have a hairy lounge also. I remember sleep overs I'm glad they are in the past.