Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A chicken in a bra and exciting deliveries

Warning - this post is a messy mish-mash with no main theme.....I'll do what I can to flow smoothly from one random chunter to another!

First off, you must go and support my lovely and very brave bloggy buddy The Vicious Chicken who is prepared to walk 13 miles in a state of undress to raise money for a very worthy cause. To cheer her on, the exceedingly generous Working Mom Knits is holding a very special giveaway!

VC is not the only industrious chickie - someone here has been rather busy.



I phoned Moogsdad at work to tell him the eggciting news and he said 'D'yer know which one laid it?'

Well - duh. How do you tell for heaven's sake?

Was it you?


All four bottoms have been inspected - they all look clean and lovely.

None of the girls looks especially surprised and none of them have developed a funny walk.

They have been shouting a good deal, however, but I put that down to excitement because it's pouring with rain and they haven't seen any before!

As if that wasn't thrilling enough - the postie also delivered today!

His delivery was no where near as delicious as the chucky egg but has made me happy nonetheless.

My Lush order arrived!!!

Anything wrapped like this - and packed in pop corn (genius!!!) cannot be bad!




I didn't eat the popcorn as it smelled a bit - well, a bit like Lush really! It's gone on the compost heap.

My new books for me the kids have arrived from Amazon.




There are some fab ideas in Make It! - just in time for the school holidays :)

Hopefully it will inspire me to get making again.

I've dipped my toe in the crafty waters a tiny bit this week.

I made a few homemade air fresheners.

Having a young man with asthma in the house makes me a bit wary of the mass produced, over-perfumed, wholly artificial air fresheners but with a dog and a family things are not always as fragrant as I'd like Chez Moog.

These little bunches of homegrown lavender have done wonders for the bathroom!

I've also nearly finished a cute little WIP - I just have to gird my loins (not sure I know how to do that though!!!) and stitch it together. It has sat there in this forlorn state for four days now so don't hold your breath!!!!




I'm now going to trot off and Google egg recipes - I have a feeling they may be called for shortly!

xxxx

27 comments:

Munkeh said...

Congrats on your first official egg! What a thrill!

One suggestion for odors. A good way to de-odorize a carpet is to sprinkle it with baking soda, let it set for about 5 minutes and then hoover it up. It works a treat.

Kitty said...

I reckon it was Jazz. Not sure how you'd know though???

I shall give VC and WMK a big mention at the Bloggy Bits soon - that pale blue bra is looking gorgeous!

If I ever get another garden, I intend to grow lavender - you can't beat it, can you?

x

the vicious chicken said...

Oh my goodnes, I'm *SO* excited about your chickens... I will have to live vicariously through you from now on, I'm afraid. Sorry about that... hope it doesn't feel like too much of a responsibility :o)

And thank you, thank you, thank you for all the support re: my SunWalk - you and various other folks in blogland have really made my day today :o)
VCxx

Locket Pocket said...

What a clever little chicken! And your Lush box looks gorgeous! I wouldn't have wanted to open it!

Those books look great - and so does your partial crafting!!!

Locket xxx

French Knots said...

That will be the most delish egg ever! They must have settled into the palace well. How exciting!

LiEr said...

Hi Lesley,

Been following the chicken saga some time now but haven't posted a comment till now. You are so, so funny. Thank you for making me laugh!

wonderwoman said...

an egg - great! i know what its like to get your first egg - no, honestly, we had some ducks and i can remember how great it was getting your own eggs! i have not been on the VC site so will go and do that now.

Ali said...

Eggy peggy! How exciting. You'll have to colour code their bums, so you know who to thank.

JuliaB said...

Ooooh congratulations!! What have you done with it???

I guess the answer to "whodunit" is to get chickens which lay different coloured eggs ..

xx

Jodie said...

Congratulations on your newest bundle of joy Moggsmum, and may it be the first of many!

Val said...

This is my first visit with you and I have enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing. I will be back.

est said...

yay for the egg!!! and wow for the 'lush' package!! what a cool wrapping!

rachelmp said...

What an exciting post! So much happening and an egg already. Have to say I was very drawn in by your title....

Leanne said...

Well done the girls....that first egg should be preserved... not sure how ....When you leave me a comment and I try to reply it comes back it never use to!!!!!

Jane said...

Well done on your first egg, lovely crafty ideas to play with. Jane x

Gina said...

Hooray for your first egg! Just off to visit that other chicken to offer some support...

Jennie said...

YAY for the egg! Was laughing so much at the chickens not walking funny!!! :D

I can't wait to see the WIP!
I have to be careful with air fresheners as well as I'm asthmatic. I could do with some of your lavender.. mine is growing very slooowly.

syko kajsa said...

How very eggciting indeed! The three of them all look as guilty so maybe there is more to come... I hope I will get the possibility to have hens one day too!

artisbliss said...

Glad your chickies (or one of them at least) are beginning to earn their bed and board. Enjoy those fresh eggs. Mayonnaise time maybe?

Louise said...

Do you need a recipe to boil an egg? All yolking apart congratulations on the first lay from the girls. x

Twiggy said...

Wow great eggy news. I love LUSH stuff, I like to go in the shops and sniff the soap - probably makes me look like a bit of a pervert really but I don't care:)
Twiggy x

Lina said...

Ah, I can only imagine the excitement. You must be so proud!!!

Kaz said...

Oh wow eggalicious!! I laughed so much at you inspecting the chicken bottoms!!

Here's hoping more eggs are on the way.

Lovely goodies you received too.

Charlie P said...

Aww, you have disappointed me. I expected to see a mini crocheted chicken bra.

Hooray for the egg though! Well done ladies. You can't find a much eggier dish than eggs benedict. Egg sauce on eggs. Mmm.

I'm so glad you posted the picture of the rainbow frame from one of the books. I recently had a rant about how useless those little plastic toys are but now I know what to do with them.

Happy egg eating! Whatever you make, we want pictures :)

Dyan said...

I love the popcorn in th Lush box, though I do agree that it's a good thin you didn't eat it.I always wished I copuld grow lavender but after a few failed attempts I've sort of given up - maybe it's the temperature here, I don't know but your little bundle has inspired me to try again. Hurray for your first egg! It looks so poetic there in the photograph, have you figured out who laid it yet? I love the chicken adventures.
Have a great weekend,
Dy

silverpebble said...

Fantastic that you got your first egg - well done feathered girls.

Lovely lavender and those books look marvellous - I can see who they're for!

Bethany said...

I can't wait to see your little crochet person! Lots of great things in this post! I love using lavender instead of store bought deordorizers. I can't spell. Anyways... I'm off to make dinner, now really inspired :)