Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Too much excitement in one day!!

Today's excitement started yesterday with me receiving not one but two 'You Make My Day' awards from the lovely Julie and Gina!! Thank you ladies - I am absolutely thrilled. This is my first blog award and to receive two is too exciting for words - well almost, I can always manage a word or two!!!






Of course, this award is one for sharing and there are some simple rules:



"Give the award to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware you may get the award several times."



There are so many lovely blogs out there that choosing is never easy. I'd rather like to pass it back to Gina and Julie as I love both of their blogs but I have a feeling that might not be allowed!

So here goes. Because these blogs make me happy and make me smile, laugh, nod my head in agreement, rush to my knitting needles or sewing machine to try something new, and realise I'm not the only one out there (!!) I would like to nominate Lucy, Monkee Maker, Vicious Chicken, Kaz, Bethany, Trashalou, Ali, Val, Leanne and Leigh. I wish I could have added more.



As if that wasn't enough I decided it was high time I sorted out my sewing box. For some reason I was having a little trouble finding needles, thread, pincushions, scissors - well, anything useful really!





As I have nothing better to do with my time (!) I decided I had better sort my buttons out into separate colours.



In the midst of the notion sorting chaos the next exciting thing happened. The door bell rang.
Not very exciting?
But yes it was.
Very.
For there stood a man in blue with this in his arms:

My new baby!!! Hello baby! Mummy loves you!!
Less than 24 hours (23 hours 52mins) since I 'won' this on eBay here it is - complete with '£195 worth' of 'freebies' including a flower stitching foot, 1000ft x 10reels of sewing thread, 1 side cutter, 1 ruffler, 1 walking foot, 10 bobbins, 1 gathering foot, 1 straight stitch foot, 1 x 1/4" foot, 1 adjustable zipper/piping foot and a partridge in a pear tree!!! I have no idea what most of those feet actually do but plan to have lots of fun finding out :)


The flower foot:


My shiny new baby with 66 beautiful munchy stitches :)


My first play 10 seconds after I should have been on my way to fetch the children from school:



I have also had a long and productive telephone meeting with Mrs Locket to sort out the finer points of our challenge. More of that by Friday - we hope!!
To round of a lovely day I will do a bit of blog commenting for the awardees and then it's PLAYTIME :)

16 comments:

Bethany said...

Lesley, first THANK YOU!! I don't think I've ever won an award before...at least not one I can remember. And secondly...how cool is that machine?!!! You are going to have sooo much fun with all those stitches! I can't wait to see what your creative mind will come up with next!

Jodie said...

That is the fastest delivery ever! You will have sew much fun with your new machine.

the vicious chicken said...

Hi Lesley,

THANKS SO MUCH FOR MY AWARD!!!

Sorry, I may have got a little over-excited there :o) But Oooh, it is so very exciting!

Unfortunately, I read about it just after I posted today... but I'll mention it next time (and thinking about it, that gives me more time to think of other people to pass it on to... splendid :o)

Gosh, I'm so pleased that I'm willing to forgo the sewing machine envy that I would otherwise surely feel - it does look fab, tho :o)
VCxx

Kaz said...

Thanks so much for the award Lesley, I'd give it back too if I could.

And oooo that machine looks amazing! Those stitches are so pretty, I'm going to have to keep checking up on what you do.

Hugs ya xx

Kitty said...

Awww, congratulations on your blog award - very much deserved.

And congratulations too on your new arrival - I am desperately trying not to appear too green with envy (says she with a bright emerald face). x

Leanne said...

Thanks for the award I am truely honored. A new baby have you named her yet?

trash said...

You love me! You really love! *sniffle, sniffle, sob, sob*

Dear Missus Oogsmum,
please would you tell Missus Moogsmum I am chuffed to bits and will be off in a minute to crow about the fist ever blog award I have received. Ever! Ever!!

(am now feeling a little faint and may have to sit down with my head between knees for some minutes while breathing into a brown paper bag...)
sincerely, Trashalou

trash said...

Errrr, obviously that would be 'first'.

Julie said...

Impressive bit of stitching there! Am I jealous? YES! hehehe! Good for you girl. Well done for winning the bid. Looks like you'll be having loads of fun.

Patti said...

Love the sewing machine. Wow!

I can't believe the speed of the delivery. That machine could not wait to get to you.

enjoy

Monkee Maker said...

Hi Lesley,

Thanks so much for counting me amongst those who make your day. You make my day too :)

I can't believe the speed with which you got your new toy either; it looks fab and all those extra goodies too? Marvellous!

And I was just about to ask what you and the Locket Pocket Rocket are up to after seeing something rather exciting on your profile page. Spill soon please!

:)

Lina said...

Wow, I can't wait to see what you make with your new purchase!

Locket Pocket said...

Hello O Gorgeous New Machine that made my scarily real imaginary friend squealingly excited this morning! I pesky well hope you live up to all expectations (or I'll be hearing about it!) Anyway, you look very beautiful and I am sure she will be a good boss so behave nicely please!

And thank you Mrs Moogsmum for my luvverly award! You definitely make my day too! But what exactly do you make it?

Mad

Funny

Strange

Inspiring

and most definitely FRIENDLY!

Locket xxx

marit said...

Did you know that you have the exact same sewing case as I have? Inherited from my grandmother, standing halfopen in my sewingroom, because I can't close it...(see picture on your own blog...it is an EXACT match!)
Congrats on your award- it is well deserved!
And I love that little new toy of yours...

Leigh said...

Well, I am glad your day was wonderful! You certainly made mine!! Thank you so much for the award, I am just gushing with blog happiness!!! If I could I would give back to you! I was an award virgin until now!

Your new machine is great! Wow, one day later! You are braver than me to post pics of your sewing box!

Ali said...

Thank you so much for the award! You make my day too.

Although I am amazed that you found the time to post when you have the siren call of that new baby to attend to!!