Thursday, January 3, 2008

Playtime

The Moog's brother and sister went back to school today and while the old girl snoozed I got my embellisher out and played :) I'm not sure what will happen with the outcome of my playtime yet but it was fun just to be able to be free with it and see what happened.

I made some turquoisy somethings:




I'm now playing with a lilacy something that seems to be turning itself into a vessel of some sort:



As I've snapped two of my remaining five needles in the past hour I've had to give in and order some new ones. It made me feel better talking to my aunt who bought an extra ten needles for her embellisher recently and is already down to three!

I'd love to make a big abstract wallhanging but everything I've done so far has been rather small. This may be the time when I have to give in and actually plan what I'm going to do!

It's been lovely to have time to myself today but I have to admit I missed the little darlings slightly. Monster was disgusted at having to go back to school on a Thursday but I convinced him he'd have loads of fun seeing his friends again and he bounced out of school happily at 3.30 this afternoon. Minx came home with a big piece of paper on which she'd drawn hundreds of hearts and written 'I love my Daddy' about five times - bless. Didn't bother to ask where my one was!

I'm going to work on some giveaway goodies tomorrow to go with Rosy girl. A few ideas are starting to tick over so it should be interesting seeing what rolls of the production line. If you haven't done so already then leave a comment on yesterday's post to go into the draw for Rosy. She's been very impressed with your comments so far but I promise to leave her out of the drawing process for impartiality's sake :)

xxxx

9 comments:

Monkee Maker said...

Ooh, is that a turquoisy corsage type thingy? I love corsages, me ;)

That wasn't meant to be a hint to Rosy or anything, honest. But if she decides to take it that way, then there's not really much I can do about it, is there?

My two are back tomorrow. I'll probably miss them too .....

..... bah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .... I kill myself sometimes .....

:)

trash said...

I have always said how beautiful and fair-minded that Rosy was - I think you should let her help you choose the best and most regalentry from you comments ;-)

Julie said...

That turquoisy something doesn't look much like an owl??!! Or did I miss something? lol Ooh ooh! I love owls btw! My mum keeps buying me owls in all shapes and forms. I may have to move to a bigger house! I have only made small things on the embellisher so far too. Larger stuff seems daunting and a bit tedious at the moment. I'm currently working with 4 needles in the unit. Seems ok so far. I may get to play tomorrow with any luck.

Locket Pocket said...

Oh that looks so clever and artistic and designery all in one go - now I'm seriously jealous and want to drive South so I can come and play too! Spent the day tidying after talking to you! Yup, the kitchen work-surface on my pseudo-dresser is now completely clear of all papers and ephemera (although the rest of the kitchen looks like a bomb has hit!) and I have commandered the larger of the tables for my sewing area and sorted loads of crafty things and cleared the cupboard under-the-stairs of loads of rubbish! Clever me! Still wish I'd spent the day doing something as clever as you! Show us what it turns into soon! Lucy x

Leanne said...

Not quite sure what you are doing there but it looks interesting.

Jodie said...

oooh a broochy type thingo perhaps.
I have been spying on those embellishers at the sewing centre for months, I'll be keen to see what you do with it.
PS- your little doll is just gorgeous by the way

Leigh said...

Love your turquoisy thingy! What type of embellisher do you have? I have looked at about 3 or 4 and can't decide.

Bethany said...

I forgot about your embellisher... do we get to see a finished product?? I am enjoying a quiet house again as the kids went back on Wednesday. That's also great the Minx loves her father so much (usually it's the other way around and Daddy is always wondering where HE is in these things!!) Off to bed... I feel like I need to hibernate!

Kitty said...

I've never done embellishing, that looks like fun. Very fibre-y and cool. Maybe for your big collage thing you could lots of little things and sew them together? x