Thursday, April 9, 2020

Vintage Caravan Applique Pattern

Just in time for the Easter weekend, here is my second applique picture pattern!

This lovely Vintage Caravan Applique is one of my favourite applique designs. It gives you so much scope to play with lovely fabrics. You can go for bright bold colours and prints or go pastel and retro.


The picture has lots of happy little details, including bunting, flowers and clothes on the washing line that are perfect for using tiny, pretty scraps of fabric and lend themselves well to a spot of fussy cutting and fun stitched detail. There's even a tiny Twirly Bird on the caravan roof!


If you're new to free-machine embroidery you can watch a short video on setting up your machine in my blog post for my first pattern here Beach Huts Applique Picture




I've also made a video showing me sewing this picture which you can watch below:



You don't just have to use this pattern for free-machine embroidery - you can sew it using straight stitch on your sewing machine, use it as a hand embroidery design either with or without applique, use it to make a paper collage using pretty patterned papers or even just print out the pattern picture for yourself or your children to colour in!


How to get the pattern:

For now I've decided to make this pattern available as a PDF that you can download direct as a link on this blog post rather than put it into Etsy. 

It's been a tough year already for my business and I know only too well that times are tough for many people and their finances right now so I have taken the decision to operate a Pay What You Can system for this pattern.

There is a Paypal button at the bottom of this blog post for those who are able to support my work with a donation to enable me to carry on producing new patterns for you to enjoy. You choose what you can afford to pay.

However, I don't wish to exclude anyone and therefore if you can't pay anything right now please download a copy of the pattern for free with my blessing and enjoy some relaxing creative time.

I'd love to see any pictures that you make using this pattern so, if you're on Instagram please add the hashtag #mrsmoogpatterns to any pictures that you post!

You can download your copy of the PDF pattern here - Vintage Caravan Applique Pattern PDF

and here's my Paypal button if you wish to donate (or use moogsmum at gmail dot com (written in full to stop robots and stuff))





If you have any questions about the pattern please leave a comment on this post or you can contact me by DM on Instagram @mrs_moog 

Have fun and happy sewing!!

No comments: