Thursday, April 2, 2020

Beach Huts Applique Pattern

I've wanted to develop some patterns of my applique designs for a very long time but have never quite got round to it...until now!

This Beach Huts pattern is my very first to be released as a PDF pattern that you can download straight away and there will be more designs coming very soon. 


This A4 size fabric picture can be used to make a framed picture, a mini quilt or as a panel on a beach bag or cushion!

It's a great project for using up tiny fabric scraps and is designed to use materials that many crafty folk may already have to hand or that can be bought online. 


This pattern has been designed and made using free-machine embroidery to stitch the appliques in place. It's a really fun technique that can be done on any sewing machine and I have made a short YouTube video explaining how to set your sewing machine up and how to start - with an emphasis on play and practice to help you learn to love this technique as much as I do!



If you don't want to try free-machine embroidery (why wouldn't you?) I give tips in the pattern for another way to sew the design. If you don't want to use a sewing machine at all you can use the pattern picture as a design for a hand embroidery project or a paper collage but that's not all - the pattern picture is ideal to print out as a colouring picture for you or your children too!


I've also made a YouTube video that shows me stitching the picture, complete with waffly commentary and plenty of "ums". It was filmed on my phone and is completely unedited so don't expect anything slick but you can see it here.




How to get the pattern:

For now I've decided to make this pattern available as a PDF that you can download direct as a link on this blog post rather than put it into Etsy. 

It's been a tough year already for my business and I know only too well that times are tough for many people and their finances right now so I have taken the decision to operate a Pay What You Can system for this pattern.

There is a Paypal button at the bottom of this blog post for those who are able to support my work with a donation to enable me to carry on producing new patterns for you to enjoy. You choose what you can afford to pay.

However, I don't wish to exclude anyone and therefore if you can't pay anything right now please download a copy of the pattern for free with my blessing and enjoy some relaxing creative time.

I'd love to see any pictures that you make using this pattern so, if you're on Instagram please add the hashtag #mrsmoogpatterns to any pictures that you post!

So without further ado here is the link to get your own copy of the pattern Mrs Moogs Beach Huts 
and here's my Paypal button



Have fun with it and if you have any questions you can leave them in the comments on this post or message me on Instagram @mrs_moog

Happy stitching!!!xxx

3 comments:

Sian said...

Wonderful instructions Mrs Moog! ANd what a treat to have you talking next to me in my house while i am sewingxx

starling manor said...

I have had so much fun making this. I have a love affair with English beach huts and long to see one in person someday. Thank you very much for allowing us to use your design to make this little piece of sunshine right now. It has been overcast here in Michigan in more ways than one.

Star

Anonymous said...

Beautiful design. Hoping to make a tea cozy for my friend. I bought her a teapot and some loose tea. It's so much better than teabags.
Thank you for giving me the confidence to have a go at applique.