Monday, October 4, 2010

If crochet was an aerobic activity, I'd be so fit!

Every little moment that hasn't been filled with home, family and work just lately has been spent manically hooking. Hooking like my life depended on it. Hooking like I'm in training for the London2012 Crochet Olympics and am striving for a gold medal!

I'm hoping someone will soon discover that crochet and knitting are the best forms of fat burning exercise. Sadly, my increasingly ample proportions would seem to dash this hope - unless I'm just not doing enough of it yet, of course.......

This is my roundabout way of showing you yet more pictures of stuff made out of yarn.

First, there's a frilly ruffly scarf for m-i-l's Christmas present, started and finished in a few hours, using just one ball of the strangest yarn - a net-like ribbon of yarn. You need to open the net/yarn out as you knit and only ever have seven stitches on the needles, and it's a completely different way of knitting.



Then. there's the beast that has been dominating my life. The Flowers in the Snow blanket.
So far, I've made 150 of the centre circles and have crocheted 30 of these into the beginnings of a blanket. To date, a teddy bear sized blanket.



You may recall I planned to make this into a kingsize throw for our bed. I may have been a little rash there.

We'll see.

Luckily, it's prettiness is keeping me going for now.



Anyway, that's enough blogging for now. I have to get back to my training schedule.

xxx

14 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

The ruffles look luvverly and you know how much I love the flowers in the snow. You know you'll be able to crochet a mahoosive blanket! Lucy x

dottycookie said...

Oh my, that scarf is funky - she'll be the envy of everyone!

And as for the kingsize throw - uh-huh, good luck Missis ;-)

Daisie said...

Loving the ruffles and oh my, what a good idea that yarn is, am off to surf and find some at bargain price, think everyone will be getting a scarf for Christmas, so much easier than twenty gazillion stitches on a huge circular needle!! You ahve inspiored me to knit something other than hats! xxx

Gina said...

Could you perhaps crochet whilst cycling on an exercise bike? Okay that was silly... love those ruffles!

wonderwoman said...

i love, love, love that blanket!! I wasn't going to do any more granny squares, but i may have to change my mind!!! Scarf is pretty damn gorgeous too!!

Jan said...

Oh great ,I want to make a scark like that ...love Jan xx

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- that ruffle scarf is just gorgeous Leslie! Now come on, you can do it -- king size is definitely in your future!!!

Leanne said...

It is a very pretty crochet rug and I think you should keep going for the queen size. You never know it may catch on as an Olympic sport and it is all good training.

Quinn said...

Wait...you mean crochet and knitting may NOT be the best forms of fat burning exercise? Rats!!

julie said...

Your big granny blanket is super-duper - I really love the colours and the scarf is gorgeous but it's the flowers in the snow blanket that has really stolen my heart! Keep flexing that crochet wrist and it'll be kingsize before you know it. Hope the school admissions process is going well at your end - personally I can't wait til it's all over!

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

beautiful work, man I remember when none of us could crochet....

translation services said...

Good winter wear with the Variety of the Design get going.As people now a days prefer to have the different pattern with the looks also.This is all different type with good collection too.

bittorrent movies said...

There is a frilly scarf Ruffly for Christmas millet, started and finished in a few hours, using a single bullet in the strangest wire a wire-shaped grille tape.

Unknown said...

Chia sẻt của tác giả hay, thank bạn đã share.
Page hữu ích : trang phục aerobic