Friday, October 22, 2010

Imaginary blogging

Just like Michaela, I've written this blog post almost every day for about two weeks - it's just taken this long to get it out of my head and onto the page. Lots has happened since my last post, so maybe a quick run through would be in order:

- I managed to squeeze a little bloggy meet-up into a working day, last week, when I met the very lovely Quiltygal and her equally lovely daugther for coffee and fabric shopping down by the sea. So good to meet you Claire - hope the long trip home went without a hitch!

- One of my colleagues gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, giving me the most perfect excuse to break out the sewing machine and whip up a quilty playmat with all my favourite boyish fabrics...



......including a very sheepy reverse side......



.....and of course I couldn't resist a bit of baby knitting.



- An evening spent with The Girls and a big pot of glue led me to this:



which then led to some soapy action and this:



- Mr Moog received the results of a wrist scan and it's good news. The reason he's been in so much pain since his accident is that he has a fractured wrist!
Good news? Yes, because now he knows the pain wasn't imaginary and it takes us one small step closer to getting the whole thing settled with the insurance company. Still waiting on an appointment to get his befuddled brain looked at and then there'll be open surgery to pin his scaphoid bone back together in his wrist. Nice.

- My poor old Dad is fighting a chest infection and is showing signs of his brian tumour progressing again. Off to see him on Monday.


- Work has been busier of late and has even taken up my beloved Fridays off. Ironically, with three separate reviews being done by the powers that be, there seems to be a pretty good chance that my contract will not be renewed next year. I can feel a crossroads approaching.

- The beasties and I are now off school/work for a very timely half-term break. Chance to kick back, catch up with friends and family, and start to ponder the future.

xxx

24 comments:

dragonfly said...

Just to say that the elephant is toooo cute!

Hope you manage some R & R during half term - sounds like you need a bit of it.

Gina said...

Have a good half term... and sending well wishes to Mr Moog and your Dad.

dottycookie said...

All the best to your hub and your Dad. Hope your break does you the world of good.

And please, PLEASE reveal the source of the Shaun fabric - I am quite certain I need some. Can you imagine Shaun jimjams?!

Ali said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad and the job and Mr Moog's wrist. You really have been in the thick of it. And still you are making lovely things - gorgeous felt and the Shaun fabri is the bees knees!

Hope half term goes smoothly.

silverpebble said...

Hello Mrs. Sorry to hear there are really tough things going on. It's a relief the wrist pain is explained though.

I can't take my eyes off that joyful felty creation. I'm going to be doing some colourful blogposts to get us through the winter. This is just the blast of colour I needed today! Thanks you x

Quinn said...

What a mix! I hope the good things stay good and the tough things get better.
Best wishes to your Dad. Bet your visit will be good medicine!

Jan said...

They say things come in threes ,hopefully that is your quota for a long time to come,you have been buy as ever , the baby boy quilt is gorgeous ,I have just started my second scarf ,guess what my lot are getting for Christmas ...love Jan xx

Christine said...

what great projects! hope everything goes well with the Mr and wishing you a happy visit with your dad :-)

Keepapi Creative said...

Totally jealous of bloggy meetups! Felting looks lovely. Jacs x

Jodie said...

sheesh, that seems like more than your fair share of happenings Mrs Moogs,
I hope the crossroads lead you somewhere exciting.!

Julie said...

That felt is beautiful :) Sending you good wishes for your DH and your Dad and I hope the crossroads lead somewhere challenging and exciting. Enjoy your half term week. fingers crossed for some fine weather xx

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful baby quilt Mrs. Moog -- and a very lucky coworker. Who will make the pretty baby gifts at work if you're not there? I hope the men in your life will heal soon and that your crossroads will involve needle and thread! ;-D

jennyflowerblue said...

Best wishes to you all. Hope you enjoy half term, I really love your collage and your felt hope the making soothes your soul. xxx

Fakharuddin40 said...

Oh my goodness! Your blog is so pretty and beautiful. I liked the small elephant very much. It's very beautiful gift.

Gifts to Pakistan

wonderwoman said...

i hope your dad and your hubby get better soon. Love your playmat and where did you get that sheep fabric - am absolutely loving that!

xxx

Leanne said...

How nice to meet Claire she is a hoot isn't she. Hope Mr Moog is soon all sorted out and your dad is soon on the mend.

Michaela said...

oooh, too much goodness in one post! Love that quilt and the felty fabulousness is just too fab for words! So pretty! Hope you find your dad in a better way when you visit him. xx

Locket Pocket said...

Love that quilt! And you already know how much I love Elijah! Locket xx

Locket Pocket said...

Got to leave you another comment because the word verification has just come up as "lickydru" and it was too silly to waste! Me x

quiltygal said...

Was lovely to meet you too....I have just about thawed out now we thought that day on the sea front was cold but then I went to Wales FREEZING!!! Ill email you the pics
Was that feltycreation made with the wool you brought at Lee??

bad credit loans said...

One of his colleagues gave birth to a child, giving him the most perfect excuse to get out the sewing machine and whip up play mat all the fault of my boyfriend's favorite fabrics.

Kitty said...

So much in this post, Mrs Moogs. Hope things are progressing with Mr M's insurance and wrist-mending. Sorry to hear about the job situation, but perhaps this crossroads will be one on which you look back with fondness, for it may lead you to happier and even more enjoyable things? I hope so. I also hope your dad's doing ok. Love all your makes - especially the quilty playmat. :) x

julie said...

Hope you had a chance to rest up a bit over half term and that everything comes together with a happy outcome for you all.

divx torrents said...

One of my colleagues gave birth to a beautiful baby,for giving me the most perfect excuse to get out the sewing machine and whip up play mat all the fault of his boyfriend's favourite fabrics.