Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What do your photos say about you?

A few months ago, my friend from work asked me if I'd like to do a craft evening with her friends. We decided I'd show everyone how to make fabric flower brooches. What followed was a very happy evening, with a lovely group of ladies who all agreed this was something we should do more often.

This has given rise to a little craft club - although craft club isn't really the right words as we're not sticking just to crafty stuff. On our second evening together we spent a couple of hours sketching and last week we all got together in Winchester with our cameras.

It was fascinating to see what each of us chose to photograph. It would seem I have a thing for doors and gates and I can't help wondering what this says about me!

Naturally, there has also been knitting.

My choice of socks for the July Stashbasket and Moogsmum Sock Challenge - the fossily sounding Trilobites. A lovely simple knit that zoomed off the needles in no time.



I suddenly found myself in a very rare situation - I had no socks whatsoever on the needles. Not one bit of sock knitting was in progress.

I floundered a bit, tried and failed to choose which socks to knit next, tried and failed with the socks I chose and then opted for a very simple yet very effective pattern - Circle Socks in self-striping Regia sock wool.

The socks have taken a bit of a back seat, however, as I have become hopelessly distracted by something much more involved.

I'd seen the front cover of Simply Knitting magazine, kind of fell in love more than a little bit with the cardi on show and all of a sudden I was overwhelmed with the need to knit it - immediately!


It's years since I've knitted an adult sized cardi and I was loathe to part with nearly £50 for the beautiful Rowan Revive yarn stated in the pattern, just in case it didn't work out. After a little research I opted for a very nice and far cheaper 100% cotton in a summery lime green.

Those who don't know me might be tempted to accuse me of a certain tendency to become obsessed. I do, of course, refute such accusations.

After all, it's entirely reasonable to do this much knitting in two days, isn't it?

Please be assured that no children have starved, gone unclothed or lacked attention during this marathon knitting binge......their mother may be a little sleep deprived but it's a sacrifice worth making.

Happy knitting!

xxx

10 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- nothing like a fun new project to keep you up at nights. It looks like it's going to be beautiful. Your socks are gorgeous too -- I'm always amazed at how many socks you manage to finish!

trash said...

Well I'm guessing yours say you are nosey, no?

julie said...

You sound like me - when I start something new and exciting (especially anything involving wooliness) I just want to sit and get on with it. Mind you, that is a rather impressive acreage of knitting to have whipped up in just 2 days Mrs Moog! Great colour too!

Locket Pocket said...

You are bonkers you know! Take that from an expert!!!! ;o)

Locket xxxx

Michaela said...

Love the Trilobites. Love the new cardi - want, want, want! Still feeling very inadequate looking at the amount of knitting you've done. Just make me turn off this machine and knit will you please?

Julie said...

I love doors and windows too. I love the look of those stripey sox. Definite knitting overdose there ;)

Gina said...

I can't believe how much knitting you've done... or how many pairs of socks you must own!

wonderwoman said...

have you actually had any sleep? I can't believe how much knitting you've done!!!!

xxx

Twiggy said...

Knitastic, don't your fingers ache? (spoken like a true non knitter :)
Twiggy x

Leanne said...

I love doors also. Perhaps we are nosey as Trashy said but I like to wonder what is behind them and how old they are.