Friday, July 23, 2010

We made it!

Is it me, or has this seemed like a very long school year indeed?

Not wanting to wish our lives away, I have been really looking forward to today - the end of term....the start of the holidays....at last! In a few short hours the tired kiddlies will be home for six lovely weeks of long and lazy get-ups, meeting up with friends and family, and a whole host of holiday fun.

I've just sent off my last few emails for work and now have something very precious to savour. I have time.

To make the very most of this time, I've unearthed my big granny squares that have been neglected of late and plan an afternoon of gentle crochet.



I may even finish the last few rows on the back of my summer cardigan today. This has been such a fun and simple knit so far. I did all of that knitting with just two balls of yarn!



Sigh. I do love summer.

Hope yours is a good one xxx

12 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Yipee! Let your summer break begin. Will there be crafty meetups??? Love those big grannies!

Gina said...

I would really like to make that cardigan but I have the back and nothing else finished on my "Gina" jacket and won't let myself start anything new until I finish it!

trash said...

So these meetups? Am I involved? I seem to remember there was talk of kidnapping your children.

Locket Pocket said...

Holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



More importantly.................
Bedtime!

marit said...

We are halfway through our summer holidays- they started June 17, and go back to school on 16th August. So far it's been a rainy, cold summer-perfect for knitting! Am done with 3 pairs of socks, have started a vest, sewn a blouse and a bag- but this weekend has promised us some sun!

Have a great summer holiday!

dottycookie said...

I know PRECISELY what you mean. This term has been full of fun and excitement but the last two weeks have draaaaaagged.

We broke up on Thursday and the children are relishing the novelty of not having me come to wake them up and nag them!

Michaela said...

Gina, have you never heard of Startitis? Of course you are allowed to start something before you finish the last thing. Blimey, I do it all the time (which is probably why my WIP pile is so huge!)

Happy Holidays to you too Mrs Moog, may your Granny continue to get bigger and your cardi grow ever longer.

wonderwoman said...

wishing you a lovely summer break Mrs Moog and hope to see you soon!!
xx

Julie said...

Have a lovely summer! I hope the sun shines for you! xx

julie said...

enjoy your summer break and those lovely lie-ins. Your big grannies are gorgeous - I love the colours.

Tiffany jewelry said...

Yes this is simple but nice knitting.I am just learning knitting and I like to see carious knitting.Colors you used are good.

silverpebble said...

Now Moogs, I have a couple of hours free. Your wish is my command. What can I make for you?

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????