Friday, September 25, 2009

Doing as I'm told

I was under no illusions as to what I had to do on this, my day off.

Minx had stated quite categorically that it was about time I got on and sewed up the dolly I cut out over a month ago.

Who am I to disobey orders?!

So here she is - on the right - Amelia. Named after the character of Minx's favourite book .



Tilly has made her new BFF most welcome. They've compared dresses.

Played climbing on the cushion mountain



and chatted about all the exciting things they've got planned for Minx.



One or two of you out there may even recognise their dress fabrics :)

Of course, when I picked Minx up from school I pretended I'd done no sewing at all today. Therefore, I got a nice big squeal of surprise when I sent Minx up to her room to fetch me 'something' I'd left on her bed - and a lovely big hug when she came back down with her two lovely Kinder girls.

After all that excitment, I'm going to settle down for an evening with my knitting.



So far so good :)

Have a lovely weekend xxx

24 comments:

Jane said...

Amelia and Tilly are lovely, and your mittens are great. Jane x

Mama said...

See my green face? Pure. ENVY!

Daisie said...

Loving the new mittens :-)
xxx

Locket Pocket said...

Fabby missus! But I'm still sulking cos you wouldn't tell me all about the fabrics you'd used when I seriously needed a crafty fix this afternoon at work! ;o)

What do you mean? I was meant to be working? Really? Is that why I'm there all day?


Locket xxx

Lina said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you did it in a day. Unfortunately my little ones are taking it in turns to be poorly, so in between taking care of them and working, I've managed to knit about 1/8 of a sock this past two weeks.

trash said...

I do recognise it! I do! They look like they are having such a fabulous time.

JuliaB said...

Cool Gloves!! Well i'm sure they are warm not cool .. but you know what I mean!! x

Selina said...

I'm terribly sorry to tell you this but Amelia must belong to my sister, her dress matches the notebook I made my sister for Christmas last year! LOL
Gorgeous.

marit said...

Amelia and Tilly are great!

Those fairisle mittens?WOW! Gorgeous!!!Both pattern and colours!

dottycookie said...

Well, I'm glad you know your place!

Amelia and Tilly look like they'll be a bit of a handful together though they're very, very cute. And now you're just rubbing it in with your lovely mittens - I'm still finishing a sock I started this time last year!

rachelmp said...

They look fantastic together!

wonderwoman said...

one very lucky little girl and one lovely mummy!!
knitting looks awesome!

xx

Angela said...

The dolls are so cute but I love love love those gloves.

Gina said...

Beautiful dolls and gloves. You are too clever by half missus!

Unknown said...

Loven' the mittens. Isn't it amazing how we can entertain ourselves for hours with our goodies and a poses for the camera. Toooo cute.

Fenland Textile Studio said...

Hi
I love the mittens, as for the dolls what a fantastic pair. Angela

Leanne said...

Amelia is great. You have to love Jodie's pattern. The mittens look very hard to knit.

Jodie said...

They look so pleased to see each other! I haven't made a new dolly for ages. I think I'll start one tonight !!! You've inspired me !

Michaela said...

Love the mittens - are you hooked on Fair Isle now then? The dolls aren't bad either!

Rachel said...

Lovely dolls, they have such sweet faces! BTW, are you going to the CL fair this year?
R x

. said...

Amelia looks lovely, I'm glad Miss Minx likes her new friend. I've had the Kinder Patter in my To Do pile for a while - I must try to get one made.

Nice mittens too :)
xMx

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

What a fab post! It makes me wish I had a dolly just like that to climb cushion mountains ...

Carolyn x

Selina said...

Love those kinder girls! How good is that pattern?! I've just finished one of my own, the first of many I'm sure!

Selina.

P.S. And I'm very impressed with your knitting abilities, I just don't have the patience!

Julie said...

Beautiful, beautiful dolls and outfits! Lucky Minx :o)