Sunday, December 9, 2007

Random Sunday

I've been tagged by the lovely Leigh for 7 random things about me. Tricky - not sure where to start as my mind tends to draw a blank at moments like this!

I'll give it a go:

1. I was born at home in Birmingham and my Mum called me Lesley after an ex-boyfriend's sister who she thought was very funny. Ha ha, not peculiar! As a child I absolutely hated my name and secretly dreamed I was called Maria!

2. I love being with and chatting to my friends but I am also very happy in my own company and can fill a day quite happily - even more so since I've discovered bloggage ;)

3. I am hopelessly messy but crave tidiness and good storage.

4. I have actually had my mouth washed out with soap! My Mum overheard me saying the 'f' word at the age of 10 - oops!!

5. My first car was a 1956 series 1 Landrover called Maud - after Lady Maud on 'Blott on the Landscape' - a TV series that I loved!

6. One of my most cringeworthy moments was during the 1970's watching my Dad being interviewed on Tiswas by Chris Tarrant (blimey - he has his own website!!) about Dutch Elm Disease - if they were asking him questions about something cool I would have been fine but tree ailments - oh maaaaaaan!

7. I'm never late for anything as I'm anally punctual - I'd rather be half an hour early and have to wait. I get so tense if I'm just about on time and being late is not worth thinking about!!


If you want to join in with the randomness please do - I'm not going to tag anyone but I'm sure we'd all love to know your secrets :)

I've been getting Christmas presents ready to take up to Birmingham tomorrow.

I'm taking my Dad to hospital for his chemo. Dad has a slow growing benign brain tumour which was removed over 15 years ago. However, due to the nature of the tumour they could not remove all of it and it has regrown. He's almost a year through an 18 month chemo programme and his cancer has responded well.

I find the irony of the fact that Mum passed away due to an aggressive malignant brain tumour, after years of worrying about Dad's health, too much to comprehend. Isn't it a b***dy good job we don't know what tomorrow will bring?

This is the hamper of 'Dad food' that I've put together for his Christmas present:


I also got these finished and wrapped for my three lovely nieces in Birmingham.


I thought you might like to see this too. I bought three of these for just 50p each off my friend's charity stall on Friday night. They are crocheted and starched. Isn't it lovely?


I don't think I'll be blogging tomorrow as it will be rather late when I get back from my 280 mile round trip to Dad's and I'll probably snuggle up on the sofa instead!

Now I must go and crochet my Monster's blanket - I've got 15 days to crochet another 5ft - easy!!!!

11 comments:

the vicious chicken said...

Tomorrow indeed sounds like it will be very tiring for you - I hope it all goes well and you feel ok at the end of it. Also hope your Dad is pleased with his Dad Hamper, and your nieces like their lovely cushions (when they open them).

And Dutch Elm Disease, eh? What's not cool about that? ;o)
VCxx

PS thanks for the info about the pretty clothing - might have to get me to the Sains soon...

Locket Pocket said...

Well at least you can keep yourself cozy and warm under the Monster's blanket while you crochet! Just got back from my mum and dad's to a freezing house - it's not really cold outside but the house is chilly because it is windy! J has lit the fire and I am going to sit and watch Cranford and do some of my Noro scarf! Take care tomorrow. Lucy xxx

Monkee Maker said...

Ha ha, I love your facts .... we're quite similar - apart from it was my brother's mouth that was washed out, not mine .... my sister and I were MUCH more careful!!

Much kudos to your Dad for being interviewed on the coolest of all TV programmes :) (also wishing him good karma for tomorrow and his treatment .... and just take care on the roads, would ya?)

Very pretty xmas decals, Mrs, which I shan't be showing my two .... as I resolutely refused to "trim up" today. Bah humbug!

Ali said...

Have a safe trip.

And for 4 of your things, I was yelling 'me too'. I was even almost called Lesley-Ann. Too spooky.

dottycookie said...

Hope your dad enjoys his hamper! I lost a friend to aggressive brain cancer earlier this year - it's a b***dy evil disease, and I'm so sorry you all had to face it too.

I laughed at your random things - yay for untidy people!

French Knots said...

I'm with you on 2,3 and especially 7. My brother was on TV when he was little talking about flying model planes not too cool either!
Hope your journey wasn't too bad and that your Dad's ok, cancer is sh*t.

Leanne said...

Now what is wrong with Dutch Elm disease. I'm with you on 2-3-7 they are me all over. Have a nice day with your dad.

Leigh said...

Your seven facts were so funny! Thanks for playing along.

Your nieces pillows are great, love that fabic!

I will say a pray for your Dad and I hope all goes well.

(Angie) Norththreads: said...

Im so with you on # 2,3 &7!!!!!!

Bethany said...

I hope everything went well... I should have checked in with you last evening. We went through this with my grandfather. I had to laugh because I've been giving my father food baskets for the past several years and he loves them!!
I'll check in tomorrow and see how things are.

Jodie said...

Well I hope all your tomorrows are wonderful!