Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Monkees make a stand!!

This is a grave day indeed. The wellbeing of monkees everywhere is under a new insidious threat being perpetrated on the World Wide Web.

It started innocently enough over here with apparently funny things happening to Monkees made of knit. This has sadly escalated at an alarming rate over recent days. I have tried to protect the Moog family primates from these awful images but today they witnessed the worst
treatment of their cousins.


Surely this must be an isolated incident?
Hard as this is to say - it is not.
Only an hour ago the poor dears followed a link on Vicious Chicken's blog (who frankly should know better!).


They could not sit back and witness this proliferation of primate punishment.

A meeting was held.



Campaign Manager Ruby Monkee got busy.


A proactive peaceful primate protest takes place against primate punishment protagonists.



The next step is direct action.

You have been warned.

11 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Glad to see you got some work done today too!

Love the link from Vicious Chicken - I'd missed that earlier!

Charlie and I will gladly join your campaign to end monkee cruelty - when is the protest march???

Bethany said...

Sign me up as a member of your protest group!!! Poor monkeys.

Patti said...

Vanilla choc chimp here ready for a call to action. Willing to sign a petition - but, erm, will it be dangerous to do anything else? Will it hurt?

Petition signing fine, not a problem. Anything else- let me check my diary for availability.

the vicious chicken said...

*sheepish look*

...although, in my defence, I did warn you that some viewers might find that website upsetting... and I never said I condoned or encouraged such monkey abuse...

So in fact, I don't think I can be held to blame at all here. Maybe it is you who should know better - better than to let young monkeys access the Internet unsupervised. This is case in point that you never know what sites they might end up clicking on.

Shame on you.

;o)

VCx

Monkee Maker said...

Brilliant! I thoroughly enjoyed today's photo story and the monkey posters are just fab!

But as I said to that Ginger Monkey - who is also planning a monkee rescue mission .....

BRING IT ON!!!! I'll be waiting .....




..... with muffins and coffee ;)

Gina said...

I really think with Superhero Cedric Splatt to help out, the monkee campaign is bound to be a success...
I didn't really laugh at those links... honest!

Gina xx

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Your Monkeys crease me up!

Kae said...

No monkey cruelty over here, just a scared spider lol - I did find the pictures rather funny though :D Of course, I would never condone ANY sort of cruelty against monkeys/creatures/animals/anything really (with one exception lol)... Did laugh, I did... *sheepish look*

~x~

Leigh said...

Oh dear, it seems as though monkee maker as issued a challenge! With coffee and muffins, so much to fear!!

Add my name to the protest group!

SAVE THE PRIMATES!!!

Unknown said...

I am organising a rescue mission for that poor 007 - care to join in?!!!!

Jane said...

yes our monkees will join your protest.... just got to find a pencil!