Thursday, October 30, 2014

We're in business!

Thank you all so much for your kind messages of support after my last blog post, especially those of you who had gone through a similar experience. You truly helped and I love you for it :)

It's been a very busy few weeks here. 

I've been settling in to being at home and quite honestly I have loved every single minute of it. It feels so right to be at home sewing, designing, making and forming plans - lots of plans that are getting me to where I have wanted to be for so long.

Today has been a very useful day. While the teenagers carved their Hallowe'en pumpkins, with no motherly interference, I dusted off my Etsy shop and refilled it for the first time in several years!

I'm starting things off with a batch of little fabric brooches that I couldn't stop making last week!
 I still have a few to finish off and post in the shop, so it will be a gradual restock.

I'm planning to make lots more of the brooches as they are so much fun to make and my head is full of ideas for new designs.

After years of trying and failing, I finally seem to have got to grips with free-machine embroidery. Give me a pencil and a piece of paper to draw with and I flounder but I absolutely love sketching with the sewing machine.

I've completed an order for 30 scented Christmas sachets for Enchanted Plants, filled with dried cinnamon, cloves and star anise - they smell incredible and my whole house was smelling very festive for a few days.

To go with the Christmas sachets were 30 free-machine embroidered lavender bags, filled with wonderful dried lavender from a local lavender farm. 

There will be some of these and the Christmas ones going into the shop very soon. 

The tiny twirly-bird brooches gave rise to an overwhelming urge to upsize the birds, which were given the classy moniker of Fat-Arse Twirly-Tailed Colourful Birds by my dear friend and head cheerleader Trashy. A few of these are in the pipeline too.


I've got a list as long as my arm of all the things I want to make and am getting so much brilliant feedback and support from friends on Instagram, Facebook and in real life. It feels like I can really do this and I'm so excited to be going for it at last.

Please forgive me if I plug my makes and my shop on here for a while. I promise I'll still do the normal stuff too :)

I'll be back on Monday when I'm taking part in my first bloghop.

I hope you have a thoroughly spooky Hallowe'en, if that's the way you like it!

love Moogs xxx

13 comments:

Pennie said...

I have shopped, although someone rudely stole the Daisy brooch out of my cart before I had chance to pay for it 😂😂😂

Breathing Life said...

Congratulations on all your creative endeavours. Isn't being home and being creative the greatest?
And....happy Halloween to you too.

Quinn said...

Isn't it great when you feel like you are riding a wave of energy? Go, you!

Locket Pocket said...

Yay! Go Moogs!!!! Xxxx

Gina said...

Good luck to you!

Jodie said...

You are on a roll and everything looks delightfully moogish !

Carol Q said...

wow- someone's been working hard. all lovely too. I'm off to have a look. good luck!

trash said...

Did I really call them that??? Colour me shocked.

Unknown said...

I've just read your previous post and I think you are brave and strong. I wish you all the very, very best and hope your shop does so well you never have to make a work decision again, phew.

Thimbleanna said...

Congratulations Mrs. -- they're all so beautiful! Now I'm off to go read your bloghop -- and see if you got the same book that I did! ;-D

Rachel said...

Wow, you have been busy! Congratulations, they are beautiful makes :-)
R x

julie said...

The little Christmas bags are adorable - great little presents, I bet they'll fly off the shelves. Had a good laugh at the name that Trash has given your birdies! Good to hear the excitement coming through in your voice xxxx

Twiggy said...

Good for you Mrs Moog, your makes are lovely. I wish I knew someone who could teach me to use my machine in such a creative way - or actually use it at all - lol
Twiggy x