Wednesday, July 20, 2011

fun with wallpaper

Last week I scored some rather fabulous rolls of wallpaper at the Scrapstore, to use with my school recycling groups at work. Obviously I needed to come up with some ideas, so I spent a happy hour on Sunday playing with scissors and glue.


This resulted in a revamped notebook, plus a gift bag...



...and a snazzy new look for my tatty old cardboard-box-clipboard.



I've been scouring the internet for fun and easy 'things to make with wallpaper' ideas that I can do with infant school children but most things seem a bit complicated. I usually work with 12 children plus a teacher and anything too involved usually ends up with me being surrounded by small people all saying 'Please can you do this for me?' Any ideas?


I came home from work yesterday to find an exciting looking parcel waiting for me. Inside it was even more exciting - a gorgeous bundle of goodies from my lovely friend Thimbleanna.



I was very lucky to win Anna's giveaway recently, for these fabulous Aurifil quilting threads.




I've never tried these threads and I can't wait to give them a go!

Anna also included these gorgeous little spools of baker's twine, complete with very pretty scissors.



As if that wasn't enough, all those goodies were wrapped in some beautiful Anna Maria Horner fabric....sigh....




Thank you so much Anna - you really made my day :o)


xxx

8 comments:

Gina said...

Love what you've done with the wallpaper but am afraid I've no useful suggestions for working with infants. Super parcel from Anna.

Gill Edwards said...

like what you've done with the wallpaper, great design

Locket Pocket said...

What a wonderful parcel of goodies from Anna! She always sends such lovely things :o)

I'm afraid I don't have any clever ideas for your wallpaper creations but I will keep thinking and get back to you if inspiration strikes!!

Locket xx

Daisie said...

I love using wall paper too, this is a god tute by my pal Ruth; http://tiptoptoppers.blogspot.com/2008/09/gift-box-tutorial.html I'm not sure how small your small people are but I have made these with my own small people at home. Ruth also has a tute for some cool flowers (left side bar on the blog). There is a fabby online template for a bird with wire feet (can't find it at the mo but will let you know if it turns up) that would be brill with wall paper. Happy creating xxx

Daisie said...

found it!!

http://www.nomoneymama.com/2010/03/this-little-birdie.html

French Knots said...

Bakers twine is so covetable! Such a simple thing that inspires such pleasure.
Could the infants cut out the flowers or other pretty bits from the wall paper and stick them on old tins or cut down cereal boxes to make pencil holders or boxes to tidy comics up?

wonderwoman said...

isn't it lovely getting parcels!! and such a gorgeous one!


xxx

mrspao said...

Lovely parcels :) I love the wall paper idea :)